Fast printing, affordable, easy of use, and many more benefits you get from Canon PIXMA MG2924 which is perfect for home and small business printers. Not to mention easy printing, scanning, and copying will eliminate your confusion when operating the printer. Wireless built-in, it means you have many options when it comes to print your photos and document using PPS (PIXMA Printing Solutions) for mobile printing.
It’s really easy to scan your files with auto scan mode for auto detection of the files that you are going to scan. Canon PIXMA MG2924 gives you benefits of FINE ink cartridge technology and formulated hybrid ink system collaborations that allow you to enjoy superior quality for text documents and photographs. The print speed of PIXMA MG2924 is not the best of the best, however, it caters you with reliable speed to print your files faster.
Use Canon PIXMA MG2924 for everyday usage, it requires a lot of inks. Keep the ink expense low, the optional XL-sized cartridge won’t disappoint you. Quiet Mode makes you can do the print task with peace of mind regardless when you execute the print tasks. Auto power mode decreases your hassles when you have no time to reach your printer, yet you have something important to print.
Also, update driver: Canon PIXMA MG2420 Driver & Software For Windows, Mac, Linux
Canon PIXMA MG2924 Operating System Compatibility
Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / macOS Sierra v10.12 / Mac OS X v10.11 / Mac OS X v10.10 /Mac OS X v10.9 / Mac OS X v10.8 / Mac OS X v10.7 / Mac OS X v10.6 / Linux.
Canon PIXMA MG2924 Specification
|Printing Technology||Hybrid Ink System with FINE Print Head Technology|
|Maximum Resolution||Color: 4800 x 600 dpi
Black: 600 x 600
|Print Speed||Color: 4 ipm
Black: 8 ipm
|Maximum Print Width||8″ (20.3 cm)|
|Number of Nozzles||Color: 960
Pigment Black: 320
|Ink Droplet Size||2 and 5 picoliter|
|Compatible Ink Cartridges||PG-245 Pigment Black
CL-246 Color Ink
PG-245XL Pigment Black
CL-246XL Color Ink
|Print Features||CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM, Easy-PhotoPrint+, document printing, Full HD Movie Print, special filters, Google Cloud Print, My Image Garden, PIXMA Printing Solutions, quiet mode, auto power on, Wireless PictBridge, wireless printing, Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology, Hybrid Ink System, 4-color cartridge system|
|Image Sensor||Contact Image Sensor (CIS)|
|Optical Resolution||600 x 1200 dpi|
|Interpolated Resolution||19200 x 19200 dpi|
|Color Depth||Color: 48-bit input / 24-bit output
Grayscale: 16-bit input / 8-bit output
|Reflective Scan Area||8.5 x 11.7″ (21.6 x 29.7 cm)|
|Scanner Drivers||Windows: TWAIN 1.9, WIA
|Scanner Features||Auto Scan Mode|
|Number of Copies||Up to 32|
|First Copy-Out Time||31 seconds|
|Copy Features||Standard copy|
|Paper Types||Plain: Plain paper
Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy
Envelope: U.S. #10 envelope
|Paper Sizes||4 x 6″ (10.2 x 15.2 cm), 5 x 7″ (12.7 x 17.8 cm), Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 envelopes|
|Maximum Printable Area||8.0 x 13.2″ (20.3 x 33.6 cm)|
|Paper Capacity||Rear Tray: 60 sheets Letter / 10 sheets Legal / 20 sheets 4 x 6″ (10.2 x 15.2 cm) photo paper
Output Tray: 10 sheets plain paper
|Computer Interface||USB 2.0
|Channels||1-11 or 1-13|
|Range||164′ (50 m)|
|Setup||WPS (Push button configuration/PIN code method)
|Mobile Printing Features||Google Cloud Print, PIXMA Cloud Link|
|Compatible Operating Systems||Windows 8.1, 8, 7 SP1, 7, Vista SP2, Vista SP1, XP SP3 (32-bit)
Mac OS X 10.6.8-10.9
iOS, Android, Windows RT
|Power Requirements||100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz|
|Power Consumption||Printing (Copy): 11 W
Standby (Minimum): 1.6 W
Off: 0.3 W
|Operating Conditions||Temperature: 41 to 95°F (5 to 35°C)
Humidity: 10 to 90%, relative non-condensing
Recommended Temperature: 59 to 86°F (15 to 30°C)
Recommended Humidity: 10 to 80%, relative non-condensing
|Storage Conditions||Temperature: 32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
Humidity: 5 to 95%, relative non-condensing
|Environmental Compliance||EPEAT Silver|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||16.8 x 12.1 x 5.8″ (42.6 x 30.6 x 14.5 cm)|
|Weight||7.6 lb (3.5 kg)|
|Package Weight||9.8 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||18.74 x 14.488 x 7.716″|
Canon PIXMA MG2924 Driver & Software Installations
First Method: Installing the Canon PIXMA MG2924 Driver by Downloading the Application
There are many ways or method of installing the Canon PIXMA MG2924. The first method is to install the driver of the printer without the use of CD Driver. The driver will be downloaded from the internet and there have been provided software that can be downloaded easily. In this case, there are several things that you for this first method:
- The most important thing that you must have is the driver of Canon PIXMA MG2924. In this case, you can download the driver for free by clicking the provided link below.
- Then, you will also need a USB cable to connect the PC and printer. Actually, this cable has been provided and it can be found in the printer package.
After you provide those two important things, then you can follow the complete steps.
- The first step to do is to turn on your computer and also the Canon PIXMA MG2924.
- You do not need to connect the Canon PIXMA MG2924 to the computer. You will do this when you have the application installed.
- After that, you can start to download the driver of Canon PIXMA MG2924 and then install the driver after the download completes.
- When the download and installation finishes, you can start to connect your Canon PIXMA MG2924 to the computer using the provided USB cable. When the printer is connected, the installed driver will be able to analyze the printer. When Canon PIXMA MG2924 has been detected, you only need to follow the next instructions.
- You will find several instructions and you only need to follow them.
- When you have completed the installation and configuration processes, the Canon PIXMA MG2924 is ready to use.
Second Method: Installing the Canon PIXMA MG2924 Driver Manually
The second way is to install the printer driver manually using the provided feature of “Add a printer” in the Windows. In this case, there are several things that you need to prepare:
- You must have the software or driver of Canon PIXMA MG2924 and it can be downloaded for free.
- You also need the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MG2924 and this has been included in the printer package.
When you have provided those two things, you can start the installation process:
- First, you need to make sure that your computer and the Canon PIXMA MG2924 are turned on.
- After that, you connect Canon PIXMA MG2924 to the PC using the provided cable.
- You should extract the software or driver of Canon PIXMA MG2924 and then open the location of installed driver.
- Then, you can open the control panel of your printer to get the access of adding a new device of the printer.
- When you have found the menu of “add a printer”, you can just click it.
- After clicking it, you can give the location of extracted driver files.
- You only need to follow the instruction of the wizard to complete the installation.
- When the process finishes, your Canon PIXMA MG2924 is ready and you can start to use it.
Third Method: Installing the Driver of Canon PIXMA MG2924 with the Provided CD (Automatic Wizard)
The third method of installing the Canon PIXMA MG2924 driver is by using the provided CD. In this case, there are several things that you need:
- You need to make sure that your PC have CD/DVD drive.
- You also need to CD of Canon PIXMA MG2924 driver that can be found in the printer package.
- You also need USB cable to connect the printer to the PC and this has been provided in the package.
For installing the driver, you can follow the instruction of the installation process using the CD of Canon PIXMA MG2924 driver.
- The first thing to do is to turn on the computer and the Canon PIXMA MG2924.
- You do not need to plug in the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MG2924 because this will be needed later.
- Then, you need to insert the driver of Canon PIXMA MG2924 to the CD/DVD drive. When it is inserted, you can follow the setup wizard and complete the installation.
- After this, you can plug in the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MG2924 and connect the printer to the computer when the setup wizard asks you to plug in and connect the USB cable.
- You need to wait for awhile until the cable of Canon PIXMA MG2924 is detected by the application. When it is connected, you can continue the setup and instructions.
- When the processes have finished, your Canon PIXMA MG2924 will be ready to use.
canonupdates.net provide a download link for Canon PIXMA MG2924 Series publishing directly from Canon website with easy-to-download, to get the download link can be found below.
|MG2924 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.1||50 MB||Download|
|MG2924 series MP Drivers (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.01||31 MB||Download|
|MG2924 series XPS Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||5.8||18 MB||Download|
|MG2924 series Full Driver & Software Package For (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7/Mac OS X 10.6)||1.4||12 MB||Download|
|MG2924 series CUPS Printer (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||126.96.36.199||14 MB||Download|
|MG2924 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.6)||188.8.131.52||16 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.1.3||2.5 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.6)||3.3.4||3.7 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||3||213 KB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||3||236 KB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Source file)||3||204 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||5||474 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||5||262 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Source file)||5||376 KB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||293 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||2.6.1||9.2 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool for Intel Mac (OS X 10.5/10.6)||4.4.1||5.3 MB||Download|
|IJ Scan Utility (OS X 10.6)||2.0.12||20 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.6)||2.5.0||2.4 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.6)||3.1.0||298 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||2.6.1||2.2 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||3.2.0||299 MB||Download|
|IJ Scan Utility (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||2.1.6||21 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.1||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|MG2924 series (PDF) User Manual (Mac)||1.1||7.4 MB||Download|
|MG2924 series (PDF) User Manual (Windows)||1.1||11 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Mac)||V2.7||617 KB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Windows)||V2.7||627 KB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Mac)||V3.5||2.8 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Windows)||V3.5||2.8 MB||Download|
|MG2924 series Getting Started Guide (software installation part)||V3||3.5 MB||Download|
|MG2924 series / E460 series Getting Started Guide (device setup part)||V1||1.3 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Operation guide)||3.00||85 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Operation guide)||5.00||72 KB||Download|
Free Download Canon PIXMA MG2924 Driver & Software Package for Windows, Mac OS, Linux
In this case, there is access to Download the driver of Canon PIXMA MG2924 for free. You do not need to find other websites because the site of Canon Driver Updates already provides the access to download the application. You only need to click the web link provided below to download the driver. Then, you can follow the manual instruction. There is also alternative to download the user manual to complete the process of installation.