The Canon PIXMA MG2940 caters its users fast printing (4.0ipm for color and 8.0ipm for mono) and top notch print quality that is above 4800dpi, thanks to FINE ink cartridge technology. Print, scan, and copy your files are without significant problems, furthermore with the fact that PIXMA MG2940 is wireless. Get the best out from the printer with Canon Print that allows you to connect your compatible smart device to the printer directly.
Have access to cloud storage services, and you can print your important files from anywhere with Canon PIXMA MG2940. In case that you own a wireless camera that is compatible with the printer, you can print your favorite moments right away. Convenience is not the only thing you get from PIXMA MG2940 for the reason that this one encourages you to save more through optional XL ink cartridge together with auto power ON/OFF.
Edit your photographs to produce creative projects, such as, greeting cards, invitation cards, and so on, is not that daunting with easy photo print+. Take Canon PIXMA MG2940, aside from its stunning quality and great speed print, easy sharing is what you get from the printer. Anyone at home can use PIXMA MG2940 with an equal level of quality.
Also, update driver: Canon PIXMA MG2240 Driver & Software For Windows, Mac, Linux
Canon PIXMA MG2940 Operating System Compatibility
Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / macOS Sierra v10.12 / Mac OS X v10.11 / Mac OS X v10.10 /Mac OS X v10.9 / Mac OS X v10.8 / Mac OS X v10.7 / Mac OS X v10.6 / Linux.
Canon PIXMA MG2940 Specification
|Functions||Wi-Fi, Print, Copy, Scan, Cloud|
|Print Resolution||Up to 4800 x 600 dpi|
|Print Technology||2 FINE Cartridges (Black and Colour)|
|Inkjet system with 2pl (min.) ink droplet size|
|Mono Print Speed||Approx. 8.0 ipm|
|Colour Print Speed||Approx. 4.0 ipm|
|Borderless Printing||Not available|
|Two Sided Printing||Manual operation|
|CARTRIDES AND YIELDS|
|Standard Ink Cartridges||PG-445 (Black)|
|Optional XL Ink Cartridges||PG-445XL (Black)|
|Cartridge Yield (Plain paper)||A4 colour documents printing|
|Black: 180 pages|
|Black XL: 400 pages|
|Colour: 180 pages|
|Colour XL: 300 pages|
|Paper Types||Plain Paper|
|Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-201)|
|Photo Paper Glossy “Everyday Use” (GP-501)|
|Maximum Paper Input||Rear tray: Max. 60 sheets (pain paper)|
|Paper Sizes||A4, A5, B5, 10x15cm, 13x18cm, Envelopes (DL, COM10), Letter, Legal|
|Paper Weight||Plain paper: 64 – 105 g/m²|
|Canon photo paper: up to 275 g/m²|
|Scanner Type||CIS flatbed photo and document scanner|
|Scanner Resolution (Optical)||600 x 1200 dpi|
|A4 Scan Speed||Approx. 14 sec|
|Scanning Depth (Input / Output)||Colour: 48 bit / 24 bit|
|Greyscale: 16 bit / 8 bit|
|Maximum Document Size||216 x 297 mm|
|Copy Speed||sFCOT: Approx. 31 sec|
|sESAT: Approx. 1.6 ipm|
|Multiple Copy||21 copies (max.)|
|Copy Functions||Document copying (plain paper)|
|Document Size||Max. copy area of approx. 203 x 277mm|
|(A4 with a 17mm bottom print margin)|
|Interface Type – PC / Mac||Hi-Speed USB (B Port)|
|Wi-Fi: IEEE802.11 b/g/n|
|Wi-Fi Security: WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, WEP, Administration password|
|Interface Type – Other||PIXMA Cloud Link|
|PIXMA Printing Solutions app|
|Canon Print Service Plugin (Android)|
|Google Cloud Print|
|Access point mode|
|Supported Operating Systems||Windows 8.1 / 8 / 7 / Vista SP1 & SP2 / XP SP3 32-bit|
|Mac OS X v10.6.8 or later|
|Supported Mobile Systems||iOS|
|Minimum System Requirements||Windows: 3GB disk space, Internet Explorer 8|
|Mac: Internet connection, 1.5GB disk space, Safari 5|
|Display: 1024 x 768 XGA|
|Software Included||MP Driver including Scanning Utility|
|My Image Garden with Full HD Movie Print|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (download)|
|Weight||Approx. 3.5 kg|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||426 x 306 x 145mm|
|Acoustic Noise Levels||Approx. 46.5 dB|
|Recommended Operating Environment||Temperature: 15-30°C|
|Humidity: 10-80%RH (no dew condensation)|
|Power Source||AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz|
|Power Consumption||Standby: Approx. 1.6 W (scanning lamp off)|
|Off: Approx. 0.3 W|
|Copying: Approx. 11 W|
|Print Resolution||Ink droplets can be placed with a minimum pitch of 1/4800 inch|
|Mono Print Speed||A4 document print speed on plain paper is measured based on average of ESAT in Office Category Test of ISO/IEC 24734 standard.|
|Colour Print Speed||A4 document print speed on plain paper is measured based on average of ESAT in Office Category Test of ISO/IEC 24734 standard.|
|Cartridge Yield (Plain paper)||Declared yield value in accordance with ISO/IEC 24711 standard. Values obtained by continuous printing.|
|Scanner Resolution (Optical)||Optical resolution is a measure of maximum hardware sampling resolution based on ISO 14473 standard. When scanning in high resolution, the maximum scan size is restricted.|
|A4 Scan Speed||Colour document scan speed is measured with ISO/IEC 24735 Annex C Test Chart A. Scan speed indicates the time measured between pressing the scan button of the scanner driver and the on-screen status display turns off.|
|Copy Speed||Colour document copy speed is measured based on average of sFCOT and sESAT in Performance Test of ISO/IEC 29183 standard.|
|Software Included||Full HD Movie Print is available for MOV and MP4 movie files created by select Canon digital cameras and camcorders. Requires installation of software bundled with Canon video or digital camera, from which the movie was captured. MOV files require: ZoomBrowser EX / ImageBrowser (version 6.5 or later), MP4 les require: ImageBrowser EX (version 1.0 or later).|
|Easy-WebPrint EX requires Internet Explorer 8 or later|
|Acoustic Noise Levels||When printing ISO/JIS-SCID N2 pattern on 10x15cm Photo Paper Plus Glossy II using default settings.|
|Power Consumption||When copying ISO/JIS-SCID N2 (printed by inkjet printer) on A4 size plain paper using default settings.|
Canon PIXMA MG2940 Driver & Software Installations
First Method: Installing the Canon PIXMA MG2940 Driver by Downloading the Application
There are many ways or method of installing the Canon PIXMA MG2940. The first method is to install the driver of the printer without the use of CD Driver. The driver will be downloaded from the internet and there have been provided software that can be downloaded easily. In this case, there are several things that you for this first method:
- The most important thing that you must have is the driver of Canon PIXMA MG2940. In this case, you can download the driver for free by clicking the provided link below.
- Then, you will also need a USB cable to connect the PC and printer. Actually, this cable has been provided and it can be found in the printer package.
After you provide those two important things, then you can follow the complete steps.
- The first step to do is to turn on your computer and also the Canon PIXMA MG2940.
- You do not need to connect the Canon PIXMA MG2940 to the computer. You will do this when you have the application installed.
- After that, you can start to download the driver of Canon PIXMA MG2940 and then install the driver after the download completes.
- When the download and installation finishes, you can start to connect your Canon PIXMA MG2940 to the computer using the provided USB cable. When the printer is connected, the installed driver will be able to analyze the printer. When Canon PIXMA MG2940 has been detected, you only need to follow the next instructions.
- You will find several instructions and you only need to follow them.
- When you have completed the installation and configuration processes, the Canon PIXMA MG2940 is ready to use.
Second Method: Installing the Canon PIXMA MG2940 Driver Manually
The second way is to install the printer driver manually using the provided feature of “Add a printer” in the Windows. In this case, there are several things that you need to prepare:
- You must have the software or driver of Canon PIXMA MG2940 and it can be downloaded for free.
- You also need the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MG2940 and this has been included in the printer package.
When you have provided those two things, you can start the installation process:
- First, you need to make sure that your computer and the Canon PIXMA MG2940 are turned on.
- After that, you connect Canon PIXMA MG2940 to the PC using the provided cable.
- You should extract the software or driver of Canon PIXMA MG2940 and then open the location of installed driver.
- Then, you can open the control panel of your printer to get the access of adding a new device of the printer.
- When you have found the menu of “add a printer”, you can just click it.
- After clicking it, you can give the location of extracted driver files.
- You only need to follow the instruction of the wizard to complete the installation.
- When the process finishes, your Canon PIXMA MG2940 is ready and you can start to use it.
Third Method: Installing the Driver of Canon PIXMA MG2940 with the Provided CD (Automatic Wizard)
The third method of installing the Canon PIXMA MG2940 driver is by using the provided CD. In this case, there are several things that you need:
- You need to make sure that your PC have CD/DVD drive.
- You also need to CD of Canon PIXMA MG2940 driver that can be found in the printer package.
- You also need USB cable to connect the printer to the PC and this has been provided in the package.
For installing the driver, you can follow the instruction of the installation process using the CD of Canon PIXMA MG2940 driver.
- The first thing to do is to turn on the computer and the Canon PIXMA MG2940.
- You do not need to plug in the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MG2940 because this will be needed later.
- Then, you need to insert the driver of Canon PIXMA MG2940 to the CD/DVD drive. When it is inserted, you can follow the setup wizard and complete the installation.
- After this, you can plug in the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MG2940 and connect the printer to the computer when the setup wizard asks you to plug in and connect the USB cable.
- You need to wait for awhile until the cable of Canon PIXMA MG2940 is detected by the application. When it is connected, you can continue the setup and instructions.
- When the processes have finished, your Canon PIXMA MG2940 will be ready to use.
canonupdates.net provide a download link for Canon PIXMA MG2940 Series publishing directly from Canon website with easy-to-download, to get the download link can be found below.
|PIXMA MG2940 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.1||50 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG2940 series MP Drivers (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.01||31 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG2940 series XPS Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||5.8||18 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG2940 series Full Driver & Software Package For (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7/Mac OS X 10.6)||1.4||12 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG2940 series CUPS Printer (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||126.96.36.199||14 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG2940 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.6)||188.8.131.52||16 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.1.3||2.5 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.6)||3.3.4||3.7 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||3||213 KB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||3||236 KB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Source file)||3||204 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||5||474 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||5||262 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Source file)||5||376 KB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||293 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||2.6.1||9.2 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool for Intel Mac (OS X 10.5/10.6)||4.4.1||5.3 MB||Download|
|IJ Scan Utility (OS X 10.6)||2.0.12||20 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.6)||2.5.0||2.4 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.6)||3.1.0||298 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||2.6.1||2.2 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||3.2.0||299 MB||Download|
|IJ Scan Utility (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||2.1.6||21 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.1||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG2940 series (PDF) User Manual (Mac)||1.1||7.4 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG2940 series (PDF) User Manual (Windows)||1.1||11 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Mac)||V2.7||617 KB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Windows)||V2.7||627 KB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Mac)||V3.5||2.8 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Windows)||V3.5||2.8 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG2940 series Getting Started Guide (software installation part)||V3||3.5 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG2940 series / E460 series Getting Started Guide (device setup part)||V1||1.3 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Operation guide)||3.00||85 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Operation guide)||5.00||72 KB||Download|
Free Download Canon PIXMA MG2940 Driver & Software Package for Windows, Mac OS, Linux
In this case, there is access to Download the driver of Canon PIXMA MG2940 for free. You do not need to find other websites because the site of Canon Driver Updates already provides the access to download the application. You only need to click the web link provided below to download the driver. Then, you can follow the manual instruction. There is also alternative to download the user manual to complete the process of installation.