Canon PIXMA MG3640 Driver Download & Manual Installation
Canon PIXMA MG3640 Driver Download & Manual Installation For Windows, Mac, Linux – There would be no troublesome happen anymore when you have already used Canon PIXMA MG3640 as your newest printing companion. It is not only because of its finest quality with compact specification on it, but also because of its capability to handle your basic home printing needs, begin with prints, copies, and scans. Moreover, the cost-effective device also becomes its middle name proved by auto 2-sided printing capability and optional XL ink cartridges equipped with it.
Speaking about its prints quality, you can count on 4800dpi of maximum print resolution so that you will be able to get such higher level on details, shaper text, vivid color printing, and also crystal clear document. Would love to have a borderless experience while using your Canon MG3640? Well, make sure to activate the PIXMA Cloud Link on your own device so you can print numerous photos saved on your social media network in an easier way without needed any personal computer connected.
In addition, the access point which built-in on Canon PIXMA MG 3640 also give you much easier on prints job because you do not have to connect your smartphone and device on the similar network anymore. By then, you only need to download this application, creates an ad hoc wireless network, and you can prints and scans directly by using your own smartphone and tablets.
Also, update driver: Canon PIXMA MG2960 Driver & Software For Windows, Mac, Linux
Canon PIXMA MG3640 Wireless Inkjet All-in-One Printer Operating System Compatibility
Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / MacOS Sierra v10.12 / Mac OS X v10.11 / Mac OS X v10.10 /Mac OS X v10.9 / Mac OS X v10.8 / Mac OS X v10.7 / Mac OS X v10.6 / Mac OS X v10.5 / Linux.
Canon PIXMA MG3640 Wireless Inkjet All-in-One Printer Specification
|Printing Technology:||Canon Inkjet|
|Functions||Wi-Fi, Print, Copy, Scan, Cloud|
|Print Resolution||Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi|
|Mono Print Speed||Approx. 9.9 ipm|
|Colour Print Speed||Approx. 5.7 ipm|
|Borderless Printing||Yes (A4, Letter, 20x25cm, 13x18cm, 10x15cm)|
|Standard Ink Cartridges||PG-440 (Black), CL-441 (Colour)|
|Optional XL Ink Cartridges||PG-440XL (Black), CL-441XL (Colour)|
|Maximum Paper Input||Front tray: Max. 100 sheets (plain paper)|
|Paper Sizes||A4, A5, B5, 10x15cm, 13x18cm, 20x25cm, Envelopes|
|Paper Types||Plain Paper|
|High Resolution Paper (HR-101N)|
|Photo Paper Pro Platinum (PT-101)|
|Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-201)|
|Photo Paper Pro Luster (LU-101)|
|Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss (SG-201)|
|Glossy Photo Paper “Everyday Use” (GP-501)|
|Matte Photo Paper (MP-101)|
|Display type||No Display|
|Supported Operating Systems||Windows 10|
|Windows 8.1 (including Windows 8.1 Update), Windows 8|
|Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1|
|Windows Vista SP2|
|Windows XP SP3 (32 bit only)|
|Note: For Windows, .NET Framework 4 or .NET Framework 4.5 is required.|
|For Windows XP, XPS Essentials Pack is required.|
|Mac OS X v10.7.5 to Mac OS X v10.10|
|Supported Mobile Systems||iOS and Android|
|Software Included||MP Driver including Scanning Utility|
|My Image Garden with Full HD Movie Print¹|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (download)|
|Weight||approx. 5.4 kg|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||approx. 449 x 304 x 152 mm|
|Power Consumption||Standby (all ports connected): Approx. 1.4 W (scanning lamp is off)|
|Time to enter Standby mode: 7 minutes|
|Copying: Approx. 16 W|
|Interface Type – PC / Mac||Hi-Speed USB (B Port)|
|Wi-Fi: IEEE802.11 b/g/n|
|Wi-Fi Security: WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, WEP|
|Interface Type – Other||PIXMA Cloud Link|
|Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app|
|Canon Print Service Plugin (Android)|
|Google Cloud Print|
|Access point mode|
Canon PIXMA MG3640 Driver & Software Installations
First Method: Installing the Canon PIXMA MG3640 Driver by Downloading the Application
There are many ways or method of installing the Canon PIXMA MG3640. The first method is to install the driver of the printer without the use of CD Driver. The driver will be downloaded from the internet and there have been provided software that can be downloaded easily. In this case, there are several things that you for this first method:
- The most important thing that you must have is the driver of Canon PIXMA MG3640. In this case, you can download the driver for free by clicking the provided link below.
- Then, you will also need a USB cable to connect the PC and printer. Actually, this cable has been provided and it can be found in the printer package.
After you provide those two important things, then you can follow the complete steps.
- The first step to do is to turn on your computer and also the Canon PIXMA MG3640.
- You do not need to connect the Canon PIXMA MG3640 to the computer. You will do this when you have the application installed.
- After that, you can start to download the driver of Canon PIXMA MG3640 and then install the driver after the download completes.
- When the download and installation finishes, you can start to connect your Canon PIXMA MG3640 to the computer using the provided USB cable. When the printer is connected, the installed driver will be able to analyze the printer. When Canon PIXMA MG3640 has been detected, you only need to follow the next instructions.
- You will find several instructions and you only need to follow them.
- When you have completed the installation and configuration processes, the Canon PIXMA MG3640 is ready to use.
Second Method: Installing the Canon PIXMA MG3640 Driver Manually
The second way is to install the printer driver manually using the provided feature of “Add a printer” in the Windows. In this case, there are several things that you need to prepare:
- You must have the software or driver of Canon PIXMA MG3640 and it can be downloaded for free.
- You also need the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MG3640 and this has been included in the printer package.
When you have provided those two things, you can start the installation process:
- First, you need to make sure that your computer and the Canon PIXMA MG3640 are turned on.
- After that, you connect Canon PIXMA MG3640 to the PC using the provided cable.
- You should extract the software or driver of Canon PIXMA MG3640 and then open the location of installed driver.
- Then, you can open the control panel of your printer to get the access of adding a new device of the printer.
- When you have found the menu of “add a printer”, you can just click it.
- After clicking it, you can give the location of extracted driver files.
- You only need to follow the instruction of the wizard to complete the installation.
- When the process finishes, your Canon PIXMA MG3640 is ready and you can start to use it.
Third Method: Installing the Driver of Canon PIXMA MG3640 with the Provided CD (Automatic Wizard)
The third method of installing the Canon PIXMA MG3640 driver is by using the provided CD. In this case, there are several things that you need:
- You need to make sure that your PC have CD/DVD drive.
- You also need to CD of Canon PIXMA MG3640 driver that can be found in the printer package.
- You also need USB cable to connect the printer to the PC and this has been provided in the package.
For installing the driver, you can follow the instruction of the installation process using the CD of Canon PIXMA MG3640 driver.
- The first thing to do is to turn on the computer and the Canon PIXMA MG3640.
- You do not need to plug in the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MG3640 because this will be needed later.
- Then, you need to insert the driver of Canon PIXMA MG3640 to the CD/DVD drive. When it is inserted, you can follow the setup wizard and complete the installation.
- After this, you can plug in the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MG3640 and connect the printer to the computer when the setup wizard asks you to plug in and connect the USB cable.
- You need to wait for awhile until the cable of Canon PIXMA MG3640 is detected by the application. When it is connected, you can continue the setup and instructions.
- When the processes have finished, your Canon PIXMA MG3640 will be ready to use.
How to Install Canon PIXMA MG3640 Printer Driver on Linux
- A Linux-run device
- A Common Unix Printer Service (CUPS) installed on the device.
- Run the computer and run the CUPS.
- Visit the web-based interface.
- Open a browser and navigate to localhost: 631.
- Connect the printer.
- On the browser, go to Administration tab and select Printers.
- Select Add Printer.
- Enter username and password.
- Your printer (Canon PIXMA MG3640) should be on the list displayed. Select it and press Continue.
- CUPS detect and add the printer.
- A configuration window will pop up, fill values as needed.
- The printer is ready to use.
How to Uninstall Canon PIXMA MG3640 Printer Driver
- Look for the Windows button on your device’s keyboard.
- Select Control Panel.
- Look for Uninstall a Program tab, select it.
- Look for the name of the printer driver you wish to uninstall.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- Wait until the process is done.
- Open Apple Menu.
- Select System Preferences.
- Select Printers and Scanners.
- Choose a printer driver that you wish to uninstall. (Select Canon PIXMA MG3640 if your printer is of that type.)
- Click Remove.
- Go to Application.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Printers. Printer window will pop up.
- Locate Unlock button on the upper right section, select it.
- Enter password.
- Locate the Canon PIXMA MG3640 printer driver your wish to uninstall. Find a minus sign under it.
- Click the minus sign.
canonupdates.net provide a download link for Canon PIXMA MG3640 Series publishing directly from Canon website with easy-to-download, to get the download link can be found below.
|Canon PIXMA MG3640 Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.0||48 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG3640 XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||5.90||18 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG3640 MP Drivers (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.00||37 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||293 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||2.6.1||9.2 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG3640 Full Driver & Software Package (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||1.2||9.5 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.1.3||2.2 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG3640 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||22.214.171.124||15 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||2.6.1||2.2 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||3.2.0||299 MB||Download|
|IJ Scan Utility (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||2.1.6||21 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.1||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||3.20||236 KB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||3.20||213 KB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Source file)||3.20||204 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||5.20||614 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||5.20||277 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Source file)||5.20||456 KB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG3640 (PDF) User Manual (Mac)||1.1||10 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG3640 (PDF) User Manual (Windows)||1.1||14 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG3640 Getting Started Guide (software installation part)||V3||3.5 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG3640 Getting Started (device setup part)||V1||1.6 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Mac)||V2.7||617 KB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Windows)||V2.7||627 KB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Mac)||V3.5||2.8 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Operation guide)||3.20||90 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Operation guide)||5.20||75 KB||Download|
Free Download Driver & Software Canon PIXMA MG3640 for Windows, Mac OS, Linux
In this case, there is access to Download the driver of Canon PIXMA MG3640 for free. You do not need to find other websites because the site of www.canonupdates.net already provides the access to download the application. You only need to click the web link provided below to download the driver. Then, you can follow the manual instruction. There is also an alternative to downloading the user manual to complete the process of installation.