Canon PIXMA MG4240 Manual & Download Drivers
Canon PIXMA MG4240 Inkjet Photo Printer can be a good partner in dealing with documents. This printer provides users with many useful features. The first one is a complete function. It is not only for printing, yet this printer can also work as copier and scanner, so users can get various functions in only a single device.
Then, Canon MG4240 also provides easy access in printing documents. With this printer, computer or PC no longer becomes the only way to access the printer. This printer already supports Canon PRINT app as a way to print directly from smartphone or tablet. Furthermore, there is Apple AirPrint as the access to print directly from Apple devices. Even, it is possible to directly save the scan result in the gadget, so users do not need to use PC anymore.
Then, for the aspect of quality, Canon PIXMA MG 4240 uses FINE cartridge system. This cartridge system enables the printer to print in high quality. The cartridge can produce very small ink droplets, so the details and accuracy of printing results will be amazing. Auto Duplex printing becomes other features provided by this printer to help users print documents on the both pages of the paper. With that feature, then this printer will be a great partner.
Also, update driver: Canon PIXMA MG2540 Drivers & Software For Windows, Mac, Linux
Canon PIXMA MG4240 Operating System Compatibility
Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows 2000 / Windows Me / MacOS Sierra v10.12 / Mac OS X v10.11 / Mac OS X v10.10 /Mac OS X v10.9 / Mac OS X v10.8 / Mac OS X v10.7 / Mac OS X v10.6 / Mac OS X v10.5 / Mac OS X v10.4 / Linux.
Specification Canon PIXMA MG4240
|Speed Colour||Up to Approx. 14 seconds Colour Print|
|Product Group Output||A4|
|Double Sided Printing||Automatic Double Sided Printing|
|Printer Standard Resolution||4800 x 1200 dpi Print|
|Scanner Optical Resolution||1200 x 2400 dpi Scan|
|Scan Facility Present||Yes|
|Copy Speed Colour||Approx. 4.3 ipm Color Copy|
|Copy Facility Present||Yes|
|Interface Type(s)||Hi-Speed USB (B Port) Wi-Fi: IEEE802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi Security: WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, WEP|
|Interface Type-Non PC||Android devices, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad¹ Apple AirPrint PIXMA Cloud Link Google Cloud Print Memory card reader|
|Operating Systems Supported||Windows & Mac Compatible|
|Paper Handling Input 1||100 Sheet Input Tray|
|Maximum Paper Size||A4|
|Paper Handling Output||100 Sheet|
|Mono or Colour Printer||Colour|
|Technology||Multifunction Inkjet Printer|
|Dimensions||449mm (W) x 304mm (D) x 152mm (H) – Weight 5.7kg|
|Product Summary||Canon PIXMA MG4240 A4 Colour Multifunction Inkjet Printer|
|In the Box|
|In The Box||All-In-One printer, 2 FINE cartridges, Power cord, Setup guide, Software and User’s manual CD|
Canon PIXMA MG4240 Driver & Software Installations
First Method: Installing the Canon PIXMA MG4240 Driver by Downloading the Application
There are many ways or method of installing the Canon PIXMA MG4240. The first method is to install the driver of the printer without the use of CD Driver. The driver will be downloaded from the internet and there have been provided software that can be downloaded easily. In this case, there are several things that you for this first method:
- The most important thing that you must have is the driver of Canon PIXMA MG4240. In this case, you can download the driver for free by clicking the provided link below.
- Then, you will also need a USB cable to connect the PC and printer. Actually, this cable has been provided and it can be found in the printer package.
After you provide those two important things, then you can follow the complete steps.
- The first step to do is to turn on your computer and also the Canon PIXMA MG4240.
- You do not need to connect the Canon PIXMA MG4240 to the computer. You will do this when you have the application installed.
- After that, you can start to download the driver of Canon PIXMA MG4240 and then install the driver after the download completes.
- When the download and installation finishes, you can start to connect your Canon PIXMA MG4240 to the computer using the provided USB cable. When the printer is connected, the installed driver will be able to analyze the printer. When Canon PIXMA MG4240 has been detected, you only need to follow the next instructions.
- You will find several instructions and you only need to follow them.
- When you have completed the installation and configuration processes, the Canon PIXMA MG4240 is ready to use.
Second Method: Installing the Canon PIXMA MG4240 Driver Manually
The second way is to install the printer driver manually using the provided feature of “Add a printer” in the Windows. In this case, there are several things that you need to prepare:
- You must have the software or driver of Canon PIXMA MG4240 and it can be downloaded for free.
- You also need the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MG4240 and this has been included in the printer package.
When you have provided those two things, you can start the installation process:
- First, you need to make sure that your computer and the Canon PIXMA MG4240 are turned on.
- After that, you connect Canon PIXMA MG4240 to the PC using the provided cable.
- You should extract the software or driver of Canon PIXMA MG4240 and then open the location of installed driver.
- Then, you can open the control panel of your printer to get the access of adding a new device of the printer.
- When you have found the menu of “add a printer”, you can just click it.
- After clicking it, you can give the location of extracted driver files.
- You only need to follow the instruction of the wizard to complete the installation.
- When the process finishes, your Canon PIXMA MG4240 is ready and you can start to use it.
Third Method: Installing the Driver of Canon PIXMA MG4240 with the Provided CD (Automatic Wizard)
The third method of installing the Canon PIXMA MG4240 driver is by using the provided CD. In this case, there are several things that you need:
- You need to make sure that your PC have CD/DVD drive.
- You also need to CD of Canon PIXMA MG4240 driver that can be found in the printer package.
- You also need USB cable to connect the printer to the PC and this has been provided in the package.
For installing the driver, you can follow the instruction of the installation process using the CD of Canon PIXMA MG4240 driver.
- The first thing to do is to turn on the computer and the Canon PIXMA MG4240.
- You do not need to plug in the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MG4240 because this will be needed later.
- Then, you need to insert the driver of Canon PIXMA MG4240 to the CD/DVD drive. When it is inserted, you can follow the setup wizard and complete the installation.
- After this, you can plug in the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MG4240 and connect the printer to the computer when the setup wizard asks you to plug in and connect the USB cable.
- You need to wait for awhile until the cable of Canon PIXMA MG4240 is detected by the application. When it is connected, you can continue the setup and instructions.
- When the processes have finished, your Canon PIXMA MG4240 will be ready to use.
How to Install Canon PIXMA MG4240 Printer Driver on Linux
- A Linux-run device
- A Common Unix Printer Service (CUPS) installed on the device.
- Run the computer and run the CUPS.
- Visit the web-based interface.
- Open a browser and navigate to localhost: 631.
- Connect the printer.
- On the browser, go to Administration tab and select Printers.
- Select Add Printer.
- Enter username and password.
- Your printer (Canon PIXMA MG4240) should be on the list displayed. Select it and press Continue.
- CUPS detect and add the printer.
- A configuration window will pop up, fill values as needed.
- The printer is ready to use.
How to Uninstall Canon PIXMA MG4240 Printer Driver
- Look for the Windows button on your device’s keyboard.
- Select Control Panel.
- Look for Uninstall a Program tab, select it.
- Look for the name of the printer driver you wish to uninstall.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- Wait until the process is done.
- Open Apple Menu.
- Select System Preferences.
- Select Printers and Scanners.
- Choose a printer driver that you wish to uninstall. (Select Canon PIXMA MG4240 if your printer is of that type.)
- Click Remove.
- Go to Application.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Printers. Printer window will pop up.
- Locate Unlock button on the upper right section, select it.
- Enter password.
- Locate the Canon PIXMA MG4240 printer driver your wish to uninstall. Find a minus sign under it.
- Click the minus sign.
canonupdates.net provide a download link for Canon PIXMA MG4240 publishing directly from Canon website with easy-to-download, to get the download link can be found below.
|Canon PIXMA MG4240 Mini Master Setup (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.0||42 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG4240 MP Drivers (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.02||35 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG4240 XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||5.60a||25 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||293 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||2.6.1||9.2 MB||Download|
|Windows Adobe RGB 1998 Installer Program (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/XP64/2000/Me)||1.4.1||329 KB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG4240 Mini Master Setup (OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8)||1.0||54 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG4240 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||18.104.22.168||14 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.6)||3.3.4||3.7 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG4240 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.5/10.6)||22.214.171.124||16 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG4240 Scanner Driver (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6/Mac OS X 10.5)||19.0.0b||27 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.0.0||2.5 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||2.6.1||2.2 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||3.2.0||299 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.1||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.6)||2.5.0||2.4 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Mac OS X 10.6)||3.1.0||298 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool for Intel Mac (OS X 10.5/10.6)||4.4.1||5.3 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||4.1.6||102 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Mac OS X 10.5)||2.0.1||5.8 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Mac OS X 10.5)||1.0.0||289 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Source file)||2.00||3.9 MB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Source file)||3.80||8.5 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG4240 IJ Printer Driver for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||3.80||3 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG4240 IJ Printer Driver for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||3.80||3.1 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG4240 ScanGear MP for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||2.00||1.3 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG4240 ScanGear MP for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||2.00||1.3 MB||Download|
Free Download Driver & Software Canon PIXMA MG4240 for Windows, Mac OS, Linux
In this case, there is access to Download the driver of Canon PIXMA MG4240 for free. You do not need to find other websites because the site of www.canonupdates.net already provides the access to download the application. You only need to click the web link provided below to download the driver. Then, you can follow the manual instruction. There is also an alternative to downloading the user manual to complete the process of installation.