Canon PIXMA MG4250 is a printer with some useful functions. This printer can help its users to deal with documents. Printing, copying, and even scanning files or pictures can be done easily by this printer since there have been integrated copier and scanner. Of course, this provides easy access for users since they only need a device for those three jobs.
Easy access of Canon MG4250 Wireless All-in-One Inkjet Color Printer is not only limited to those three functions. In fact, this printer also provides fast access in dealing with printing job. When users want to print files or photos from gadgets such as smartphone and tablet, users can easily use the Canon PRINT app. This will allows the users to use the mobile printing. It means that users do not need to connect the gadget to the computer and transfer files. Those are not needed, and printing can be done easily and quickly. Even, users can easily save the scanning results directly to the gadget.
About the quality of printing documents and photos, Canon PIXMA MG 4250 will not make users disappointed. This printer is equipped with a FINE cartridge system. With this cartridge, then the printer can produce very small ink droplets. With the very small size of droplets, then it is possible to provide better accuracy and details. Color graphic and density will also be better, so the printing results will never make disappointed.
Also, update driver: Canon PIXMA MG3050 Driver & Software For Windows, Mac, Linux
Canon PIXMA MG4250 Operating System Compatibility
Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows 2000 / Windows Me / MacOS Sierra v10.12 / Mac OS X v10.11 / Mac OS X v10.10 /Mac OS X v10.9 / Mac OS X v10.8 / Mac OS X v10.7 / Mac OS X v10.6 / Mac OS X v10.5 / Mac OS X v10.4 / Linux.
Specification Canon PIXMA MG4250
|Main Functions||Print, Copy, Scan|
|Other Functions||Quality photos
Double sided documents
Smartphone and tablet printing
Printing via Internet
|What’s in the box||All-In-One printer, 2 FINE cartridges, Power cord, Setup guide, Software and User’s manual CD|
|Print Resolution||Up to 4800¹ x 1200 dpi|
|Print Engine||Inkjet FINE print head technology
4-colour system with min. 2pl ink droplet size
2 FINE Cartridges with ChromaLife100
|Mono Document Print Speed||ESAT: Approx. 9.9 ipm¹|
|Colour Document Print Speed||ESAT: Approx. 5.7 ipm¹|
|Photo Print Speed||Borderless 10x15cm : Approx. 44 seconds¹|
|Borderless Printing||Yes (A4, Letter, 20x25cm, 13x18cm, 10x15cm)|
|Two Sided Printing||Auto Duplex Print (A4, Letter)|
|Other Print Features||Fit-to-Page print, Scaled print, Multiple page per sheet print, Booklet print, Poster print, Collate¹|
INK AND PAGE YIELD
|Standard Ink Cartridges||2 FINE Cartridges
|Optional Ink Cartridges||High yield XL Cartridges
|Ink Tank Life – Document Printing||A4 Colour Document¹
Black: 180 pages
Black XL: 600 pages
Colour: 180 pages
Colour XL: 400 pages
|Ink Tank Life – Photo Printing||10x15cm photo¹
Black: 2465* photos
Black XL: 7560* photos
Colour: 69 photos
Colour XL: 150 photos
* Estimated supplemental yield
|Paper Types||Plain Paper, Envelopes, Photo Paper Pro Platinum (PT-101), Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-201), Photo Paper Pro Luster (LU-101), Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss (SG-201), Glossy Photo Paper “Everyday Use” (GP-501), Matte Photo Paper (MP-101), High Resolution Paper (HR-101N), T-shirt Transfer (TR-301), Photo Stickers (PS-101)|
|Maximum Paper Input||Front Tray: Max. 100 sheets|
|Paper Sizes||A4, A5, B5, Letter, Legal, Envelopes (DL size or Commercial #10), 10x15cm, 13x18cm, 20x25cm|
|Paper Weight||Plain paper: 64 – 105 g/m²
Photo paper up to approx. 300 g/m² (Canon special media)
|Scanner Type||Flatbed, CIS colour scanner|
|Scanner Resolution – Optical||Up to 1200 x 2400 dpi¹|
|A4 Scan Speed||Approx. 14 seconds¹|
|Colour Scanning Depth||Flatbed scan 48bit input / 24bit output (RGB each 16bit/8bit)|
|Halftone/Greyscale||Flatbed scan 16bit input / 8bit output|
|Compatibility||TWAIN / WIA|
|Effective Scanning Width||A4/LTR (216x297mm)|
|Text Recognition – OCR||Yes (My Image Garden software)|
|Scan Methods & Enhancements||Scan to PC, Document Scan (PDF, Compact PDF, JPEG, TIFF, PNG), Photo Scan (JPEG, TIFF, PNG), Auto Scan Mode, PDF file creation with optional password security, Text recognition (OCR), Scan and Stitch, Scan to Cloud, Scan to e-mail, Scan to memory card|
|Copy Speed Colour Document||sFCOT: Approx. 20 seconds¹
sESAT: Approx. 4.3 ipm¹
|Multiple Copy||1-99 copies|
|Zoom||25 – 400% (in 1% increments)
Fit to page
A5 to A4, B5 to A4, A4 to A5 and A4 to B5
|Copy functions & enhancements||Document Copying, Photo Copying, Borderless copy, 2-sided copy, 2-on-1 and 4-on-1 copy, Frame erase copy, Adjust quality (High, Standard, Fast)|
|Display Type & Size||6.2 cm colour TFT display|
|Display Languages||23 selectable languages : English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Finnish, Russian, Czech, Hungarian, Polish, Slovenian, Turkish, Greek, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Indonesian|
|Interface Type – PC / Mac||Hi-Speed USB (B Port)
Wi-Fi: IEEE802.11 b/g/n
Wi-Fi Security: WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, WEP
|Interface Type – Non PC||Android devices, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad¹
PIXMA Cloud Link
Google Cloud Print
Memory card reader
|Compatible Memory Cards||SD Card, SDHC Card, MultiMedia Card, MultiMedia Card Plus, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick Micro*, RS-MMC*, mini SD Card*, micro SD Card*, mini SDHC Card*, micro SDHC Card*, MMC mobile*
*Using recommended adapter – not supplied.
|Card Direct Print Functions||Browse and print photos, select paper type and size, borderless photo print, print previously scanned PDF documents|
|Card Direct Print Enhancements||Auto Photo Fix II, Red-eye correction, crop image, adjust quality|
|Included Software||MP Driver including Scanning Utility
My Image Garden
CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM access
Full HD Movie Print¹
Easy-WebPrint EX (download)
|Supported Operating Systems||Windows 8 (32 and 64bit)
Windows 7 (32 and 64bit)
Windows Vista (32 and 64bit)
Windows XP (32bit)
Mac OS X 10.5.8 – 10.8
|Windows System Requirements||Windows 7: 1GHz or faster CPU, 1GB RAM (32bit) / 2GB RAM (64bit)
Windows Vista SP1 or SP2: 1GHz or faster CPU, 512MB RAM
Windows XP SP3: 300MHz or faster CPU, 128MB RAM
Browser: Internet Explorer 6 or higher
Display: 800 x 600 or better
|Mac System Requirements||Mac OS X v10.7: Intel Core2Duo (or higher) CPU, 1GB RAM
Mac OS X v10.6: Intel CPU, 1GB RAM
Mac OS X v10.5.8: Intel CPU, 512MB RAM
Browser: Safari 3 or higher
Display: XGA 1024 x 768 or better
|Weight||Approx. 5.7 kg|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||449 x 304 x 152mm|
|Acoustic Noise Levels||Approx. 43.0dB|
|Operating Humidity||10-90%RH (no dew condensation)|
|Power Source||AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz|
|Power Consumption||Off: Approx. 0.2 W
Standby (USB connection to PC): Approx. 0.7 W (scanning lamp off)
Standby (all ports connected): Approx. 2.1 W (scanning lamp off)
Time to enter Standby mode: 7 minutes
Copying: Approx. 19 W
Canon PIXMA MG4250 Driver & Software Installations
First Method: Installing the Canon PIXMA MG4250 Driver by Downloading the Application
There are many ways or method of installing the Canon PIXMA MG4250. The first method is to install the driver of the printer without the use of CD Driver. The driver will be downloaded from the internet and there have been provided software that can be downloaded easily. In this case, there are several things that you for this first method:
- The most important thing that you must have is the driver of Canon PIXMA MG4250. In this case, you can download the driver for free by clicking the provided link below.
- Then, you will also need a USB cable to connect the PC and printer. Actually, this cable has been provided and it can be found in the printer package.
After you provide those two important things, then you can follow the complete steps.
- The first step to do is to turn on your computer and also the Canon PIXMA MG4250.
- You do not need to connect the Canon PIXMA MG4250 to the computer. You will do this when you have the application installed.
- After that, you can start to download the driver of Canon PIXMA MG4250 and then install the driver after the download completes.
- When the download and installation finishes, you can start to connect your Canon PIXMA MG4250 to the computer using the provided USB cable. When the printer is connected, the installed driver will be able to analyze the printer. When Canon PIXMA MG4250 has been detected, you only need to follow the next instructions.
- You will find several instructions and you only need to follow them.
- When you have completed the installation and configuration processes, the Canon PIXMA MG4250 is ready to use.
Second Method: Installing the Canon PIXMA MG4250 Driver Manually
The second way is to install the printer driver manually using the provided feature of “Add a printer” in the Windows. In this case, there are several things that you need to prepare:
- You must have the software or driver of Canon PIXMA MG4250 and it can be downloaded for free.
- You also need the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MG4250 and this has been included in the printer package.
When you have provided those two things, you can start the installation process:
- First, you need to make sure that your computer and the Canon PIXMA MG4250 are turned on.
- After that, you connect Canon PIXMA MG4250 to the PC using the provided cable.
- You should extract the software or driver of Canon PIXMA MG4250 and then open the location of installed driver.
- Then, you can open the control panel of your printer to get the access of adding a new device of the printer.
- When you have found the menu of “add a printer”, you can just click it.
- After clicking it, you can give the location of extracted driver files.
- You only need to follow the instruction of the wizard to complete the installation.
- When the process finishes, your Canon PIXMA MG4250 is ready and you can start to use it.
Third Method: Installing the Driver of Canon PIXMA MG4250 with the Provided CD (Automatic Wizard)
The third method of installing the Canon PIXMA MG4250 driver is by using the provided CD. In this case, there are several things that you need:
- You need to make sure that your PC have CD/DVD drive.
- You also need to CD of Canon PIXMA MG4250 driver that can be found in the printer package.
- You also need USB cable to connect the printer to the PC and this has been provided in the package.
For installing the driver, you can follow the instruction of the installation process using the CD of Canon PIXMA MG4250 driver.
- The first thing to do is to turn on the computer and the Canon PIXMA MG4250.
- You do not need to plug in the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MG4250 because this will be needed later.
- Then, you need to insert the driver of Canon PIXMA MG4250 to the CD/DVD drive. When it is inserted, you can follow the setup wizard and complete the installation.
- After this, you can plug in the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MG4250 and connect the printer to the computer when the setup wizard asks you to plug in and connect the USB cable.
- You need to wait for awhile until the cable of Canon PIXMA MG4250 is detected by the application. When it is connected, you can continue the setup and instructions.
- When the processes have finished, your Canon PIXMA MG4250 will be ready to use.
How to Install Canon PIXMA MG4250 Printer Driver on Linux
- A Linux-run device
- A Common Unix Printer Service (CUPS) installed on the device.
- Run the computer and run the CUPS.
- Visit the web-based interface.
- Open a browser and navigate to localhost: 631.
- Connect the printer.
- On the browser, go to Administration tab and select Printers.
- Select Add Printer.
- Enter username and password.
- Your printer (Canon PIXMA MG4250) should be on the list displayed. Select it and press Continue.
- CUPS detect and add the printer.
- A configuration window will pop up, fill values as needed.
- The printer is ready to use.
How to Uninstall Canon PIXMA MG4250 Printer Driver
- Look for the Windows button on your device’s keyboard.
- Select Control Panel.
- Look for Uninstall a Program tab, select it.
- Look for the name of the printer driver you wish to uninstall.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- Wait until the process is done.
- Open Apple Menu.
- Select System Preferences.
- Select Printers and Scanners.
- Choose a printer driver that you wish to uninstall. (Select Canon PIXMA MG4250 if your printer is of that type.)
- Click Remove.
- Go to Application.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Printers. Printer window will pop up.
- Locate Unlock button on the upper right section, select it.
- Enter password.
- Locate the Canon PIXMA MG4250 printer driver your wish to uninstall. Find a minus sign under it.
- Click the minus sign.
canonupdates.net provide a download link for Canon PIXMA MG4250 publishing directly from Canon website with easy-to-download, to get the download link can be found below.
|Canon PIXMA MG4250 Mini Master Setup (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.0||42 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG4250 MP Drivers (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.02||35 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG4250 XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||5.60a||25 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||293 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||2.6.1||9.2 MB||Download|
|Windows Adobe RGB 1998 Installer Program (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/XP64/2000/Me)||1.4.1||329 KB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG4250 Mini Master Setup (OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8)||1.0||54 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG4250 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||18.104.22.168||14 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.6)||3.3.4||3.7 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG4250 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.5/10.6)||22.214.171.124||16 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG4250 Scanner Driver (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6/Mac OS X 10.5)||19.0.0b||27 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.0.0||2.5 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||2.6.1||2.2 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||3.2.0||299 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.1||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.6)||2.5.0||2.4 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Mac OS X 10.6)||3.1.0||298 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool for Intel Mac (OS X 10.5/10.6)||4.4.1||5.3 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||4.1.6||102 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Mac OS X 10.5)||2.0.1||5.8 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Mac OS X 10.5)||1.0.0||289 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Source file)||2.00||3.9 MB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Source file)||3.80||8.5 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG4250 IJ Printer Driver for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||3.80||3 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG4250 IJ Printer Driver for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||3.80||3.1 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG4250 ScanGear MP for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||2.00||1.3 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG4250 ScanGear MP for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||2.00||1.3 MB||Download|
Free Download Driver & Software Canon PIXMA MG4250 for Windows, Mac OS, Linux
In this case, there is access to Download the driver of Canon PIXMA MG4250 for free. You do not need to find other websites because the site of www.canonupdates.net already provides the access to download the application. You only need to click the web link provided below to download the driver. Then, you can follow the manual instruction. There is also an alternative to downloading the user manual to complete the process of installation.