Canon Pixma MG5120 All-In-One Photo Printer is the right printer to choose. This printer is able to give good quality in printing. In this case, the quality of printing is supported by the FINE cartridge system of this printer. With this cartridge system, then this printer is able to produce high quality of details in printing. In dealing with color printing or photos printing, of course, this printer can also do it well. Furthermore, this printer supports a good resolution that can be up to 9600 x 2400 dpi.
Then, when it is about the printer, of course, people will try to find a good printer that can print in good speed. In this case, Canon MG5120 can also work well in dealing with printing speed. The speed of this printer is not too bad. For printing monochrome documents, this can work up to 9.7 images per minute and 6.1 images per minute for the colorful page.
Furthermore, this printer is equipped with good features. For example, there is a feature of Full HD Movie Print. This feature can help users to print favorite movie clips and then print them easily with the printer. Then, Canon PIXMA MG 5120 also has Auto Photo Fix II as the useful feature to adjust and edit the photos, so the printing results will be great.
Also, update driver: Canon PIXMA MG3120 Driver Download For Windows, Mac, Linux
Canon PIXMA MG5120 Operating System Compatibility
Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows 2000 / Windows Me / MacOS Sierra v10.12 / Mac OS X v10.11 / Mac OS X v10.10 /Mac OS X v10.9 / Mac OS X v10.8 / Mac OS X v10.7 / Mac OS X v10.6 / Mac OS X v10.5 / Mac OS X v10.4 / Linux.
Specification Canon PIXMA MG5120
|Color technology – notes|
|Max color resolution||9600 x 2400|
|Max B/W resolution||600 x 600|
|Droplet size||1 pl|
|Color print speed||6.1 ppm|
|B/W print speed||9.7 ppm|
|Photo print speed||39 s|
|Ink type||pigment + dye-based|
|Display Type||Color LCD|
|Max document size||8.5″ x 11″|
|Fixed paper size||No|
|Media supported||letter;legal;a4;4″x6″;5″x7″;8″x10″;no.10 envelopes|
|Roll media supported|
|Max paper weight||0 lb|
|Supported media – notes||Paper, Photo paper, Envelopes, Labels, Cards, Transparencies|
|Number of trays||1|
|Auto duplex / double sided printing||Yes|
|Scanner type||Color flatbed|
|Max optical resolution||1200 x 2400|
|Scanner color depth||48-bit|
|Max scanner document size||8.5″ x 11.7″|
|Scan to memory||Yes|
|Editing / processing||Auto Photo Fix II|
|Memory card support||Yes|
|Operating system||Windows XP ;Windows XP ;Windows Vista ;Windows Vista ;Windows 7 ;Windows 7 ;Mac OS X – 10.5 ;Mac OS X – 10.6|
Canon PIXMA MG5120 Driver & Software Installations
First Method: Installing the Canon PIXMA MG5120 Driver by Downloading the Application
There are many ways or method of installing the Canon PIXMA MG5120. The first method is to install the driver of the printer without the use of CD Driver. The driver will be downloaded from the internet and there have been provided software that can be downloaded easily. In this case, there are several things that you for this first method:
- The most important thing that you must have is the driver of Canon PIXMA MG5120. In this case, you can download the driver for free by clicking the provided link below.
- Then, you will also need a USB cable to connect the PC and printer. Actually, this cable has been provided and it can be found in the printer package.
After you provide those two important things, then you can follow the complete steps.
- The first step to do is to turn on your computer and also the Canon PIXMA MG5120.
- You do not need to connect the Canon PIXMA MG5120 to the computer. You will do this when you have the application installed.
- After that, you can start to download the driver of Canon PIXMA MG5120 and then install the driver after the download completes.
- When the download and installation finishes, you can start to connect your Canon PIXMA MG5120 to the computer using the provided USB cable. When the printer is connected, the installed driver will be able to analyze the printer. When Canon PIXMA MG5120 has been detected, you only need to follow the next instructions.
- You will find several instructions and you only need to follow them.
- When you have completed the installation and configuration processes, the Canon PIXMA MG5120 is ready to use.
Second Method: Installing the Canon PIXMA MG5120 Driver Manually
The second way is to install the printer driver manually using the provided feature of “Add a printer” in the Windows. In this case, there are several things that you need to prepare:
- You must have the software or driver of Canon PIXMA MG5120 and it can be downloaded for free.
- You also need the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MG5120 and this has been included in the printer package.
When you have provided those two things, you can start the installation process:
- First, you need to make sure that your computer and the Canon PIXMA MG5120 are turned on.
- After that, you connect Canon PIXMA MG5120 to the PC using the provided cable.
- You should extract the software or driver of Canon PIXMA MG5120 and then open the location of installed driver.
- Then, you can open the control panel of your printer to get the access of adding a new device of the printer.
- When you have found the menu of “add a printer”, you can just click it.
- After clicking it, you can give the location of extracted driver files.
- You only need to follow the instruction of the wizard to complete the installation.
- When the process finishes, your Canon PIXMA MG5120 is ready and you can start to use it.
Third Method: Installing the Driver of Canon PIXMA MG5120 with the Provided CD (Automatic Wizard)
The third method of installing the Canon PIXMA MG5120 driver is by using the provided CD. In this case, there are several things that you need:
- You need to make sure that your PC have CD/DVD drive.
- You also need to CD of Canon PIXMA MG5120 driver that can be found in the printer package.
- You also need USB cable to connect the printer to the PC and this has been provided in the package.
For installing the driver, you can follow the instruction of the installation process using the CD of Canon PIXMA MG5120 driver.
- The first thing to do is to turn on the computer and the Canon PIXMA MG5120.
- You do not need to plug in the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MG5120 because this will be needed later.
- Then, you need to insert the driver of Canon PIXMA MG5120 to the CD/DVD drive. When it is inserted, you can follow the setup wizard and complete the installation.
- After this, you can plug in the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MG5120 and connect the printer to the computer when the setup wizard asks you to plug in and connect the USB cable.
- You need to wait for awhile until the cable of Canon PIXMA MG5120 is detected by the application. When it is connected, you can continue the setup and instructions.
- When the processes have finished, your Canon PIXMA MG5120 will be ready to use.
How to Install Canon PIXMA MG5120 Printer Driver on Linux
- A Linux-run device
- A Common Unix Printer Service (CUPS) installed on the device.
- Run the computer and run the CUPS.
- Visit the web-based interface.
- Open a browser and navigate to localhost: 631.
- Connect the printer.
- On the browser, go to Administration tab and select Printers.
- Select Add Printer.
- Enter username and password.
- Your printer (Canon PIXMA MG5120) should be on the list displayed. Select it and press Continue.
- CUPS detect and add the printer.
- A configuration window will pop up, fill values as needed.
- The printer is ready to use.
How to Uninstall Canon PIXMA MG5120 Printer Driver
- Look for the Windows button on your device’s keyboard.
- Select Control Panel.
- Look for Uninstall a Program tab, select it.
- Look for the name of the printer driver you wish to uninstall.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- Wait until the process is done.
- Open Apple Menu.
- Select System Preferences.
- Select Printers and Scanners.
- Choose a printer driver that you wish to uninstall. (Select Canon PIXMA MG5120 if your printer is of that type.)
- Click Remove.
- Go to Application.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Printers. Printer window will pop up.
- Locate Unlock button on the upper right section, select it.
- Enter password.
- Locate the Canon PIXMA MG5120 printer driver your wish to uninstall. Find a minus sign under it.
- Click the minus sign.
canonupdates.net provide a download link for Canon PIXMA MG5120 publishing directly from Canon website with easy-to-download, to get the download link can be found below.
|Canon PIXMA MG5120 MP Driver (Windows XP x64)||1.02||15 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG5120 MP Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.02||23 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG5120 XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||5.56||23 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||293 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||2.6.1||9.2 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.03||48 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows XP x64)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu EX (Windows XP x64)||1.4.1||9.6 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu EX (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.4.1||9.6 MB||Download|
|Windows Adobe RGB 1998 Installer Program (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/XP64/2000/Me)||1.4.1||329 KB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (Windows XP x64)||4.02||45 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG5120 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||184.108.40.206||15 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.6)||3.3.4||8.6 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG5120 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.5/10.6)||220.127.116.11||18 MB||Download|
|Printer driver (non-CUPS) for Mac (OS X 10.4/10.5)||7.291||7.2 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG5120 Scanner Driver (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6/Mac OS X 10.5)||17.7.1a||11 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.0.0||7.1 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||2.6.1||2.2 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||3.2.0||299 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.0.4||34 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.6)||3.1.0||298 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.6)||2.5.0||2.4 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10)||1.4.1||4.9 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||4.1.6||102 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||4.0.3||34 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.5)||2.0.1||5.8 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.5)||1.0.0||289 MB||Download|
|Linux IJ printer driver source file For Linux (32-64bit)||3.40||9.1 MB||Download|
|Linux IJ scanner driver source file For Linux (32-64bit)||1.60||3.7 MB||Download|
|Linux IJ Printer Driver For Linux (32-64bit)||3.40||7.1 MB||Download|
|Linux IJ Scanner Driver For Linux (32-64bit)||1.60||2.8 MB||Download|
Free Download Driver & Software Canon PIXMA MG5120 for Windows, Mac OS, Linux
In this case, there is access to Download the driver of Canon PIXMA MG5120 for free. You do not need to find other websites because the site of www.canonupdates.net already provides the access to download the application. You only need to click the web link provided below to download the driver. Then, you can follow the manual instruction. There is also an alternative to downloading the user manual to complete the process of installation.