Canon PIXMA MG5450 Manual, Software & Driver Download
Canon PIXMA MG5450 Manual, Software & Driver Download For Windows, Mac, Linux – There are some people who buy a printer for their photo printing needs only. Unfortunately, there are not many printers with the nice quality photo print that come with the affordable price. For those who are looking for that kind of printer, then Canon Pixma MG5450 A4 Color Multifunction Inkjet Printer can be quite the thing that you need. That is because this printer is able to give you all of the things that you need related to your photo printing needs. As an addition, you will not need to worry about the price since this printer offers you the affordable price that will not hurt your wallet at all.
In term of photo printing performance, you can make sure that this printer is something nice. That is because you can simply finish ten images in a minute. The detail of the photo print of this printer is also something worth to pay. That is because Canon MG5450 is able to give you the maximum photo printing resolution of 9600 dpi. That one is very nice if you want to compare the resolution with some other printers with the similar price range. Besides the printing resolution, you can also make sure that this printer is able to give you the nice detail because of the FINE cartridge system. This printer has the smallest ink droplets of 1pl. that means, detailed and crisp photo print is something that you will get.
If you think those things are not enough, then you will be glad to know that this printer has the ChromaLife technology. This new technology that you can find from Canon PIXMA MG 5450 is believed to lock the colors that you have on your photo for a hundred years. If that thing is really possible, then you can make sure that you will be able to show your photo printing results to your grandchildren.
Also, update driver: Canon PIXMA MG3520 Driver Download & Setup For Windows, Mac, Linux
Canon PIXMA MG5450 Operating System Compatibility
Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows 2000 / Windows Me / MacOS Sierra v10.12 / Mac OS X v10.11 / Mac OS X v10.10 /Mac OS X v10.9 / Mac OS X v10.8 / Mac OS X v10.7 / Mac OS X v10.6 / Mac OS X v10.5 / Mac OS X v10.4 / Linux.
Specification Canon PIXMA MG5450
|Speed Colour||Up to 10ipm Colour Print|
|Speed Monochrome||Up to 15ipm Mono Print|
|Product Group Output||A4|
|Double Sided Printing||Automatic Double Sided Printing|
|Printer Resolution||9600 x 2400 dpi Print|
|Double Sided Printing (Duplex) Unit||Yes , Automatic|
|Print Method||Inkjet, 5 Single Inks, 5-colour system with minimum 1pl droplet size, FINE print head & ChromaLife100+ system|
|Scanner Optical Resolution||2400 x 4800 dpi Scan|
|Scanner Resolution Enhanced||2400 x 4800dpi Scan|
|Scan Facility Present||Yes|
|Scanner Bit Depth||48bit input / 24bit output (RGB each 16bit/8bit)|
|Scanner Features||Scan to PC, Document Scan (PDF, Compact PDF, JPEG, TIFF, PNG), Photo Scan (JPEG, TIFF, PNG), Auto Scan Mode, PDF file creation with optional password security, Text recognition (OCR), Scan and Stitch, Scan to Cloud, Scan to e-mail, Scan to memory card|
|Scanner Type||Flatbed CIS Colour Scanner|
|Copier Reduce/Enlarge||25 – 400% in 1% increments and preset ratios (Fit to page, A5 to A4, B5 to A4, A4 to A5 and A4 to B5) Copy|
|Copier Functions||Document Copying, Photo Copying, Disc Label Copy, Borderless copy, 2-sided copy, 2-on-1 and 4-on-1 copy, Frame erase copy, Adjust quality (High, Standard, Fast)|
|Copy Facility Present||Yes|
|Copy Speed Colour (FCOT)||14seconds|
|Interface Type(s)||USB & Wireless|
|LCD Screen||7.5cm Touchscreen|
|Wireless System||Included Wireless|
|Direct Printing Port||1 x PictBridge|
|Preview Monitor Size (Diagonal)||7.5cm|
|Preview Monitor Type||Colour Touchscreen LCD|
|USB Ports||1 x USB 2.0|
|Operating Systems Supported||Windows & Mac Compatible|
|System Requirements||Windows 7: 1GHz or faster CPU, 1GB RAM (32bit) / 2GB RAM (64bit) Windows Vista SP1 or SP2: 1GHz or faster CPU, 512MB RAM Windows XP SP3: 300MHz or faster CPU, 128MB RAM Browser: Internet Explorer 6 or higher CD-ROM Drive Display: 800 x 600 or better, Mac OS X v10.7: Intel Core2Duo (or higher) CPU, 1GB RAM Mac OS X v10.6: Intel CPU, 1GB RAM Mac OS X v10.5.8: Intel CPU, 512MB RAM Browser: Safari 3 or higher CD-ROM Drive Display: XGA 1024 x 768 or better|
|Paper Handling Input 1||125 Sheet Tray|
|Paper Handling Input 2||20 Sheet Tray|
|Paper Handling Input 3||Direct Disc Print Tray|
|Maximum Copies||1 to 99|
|Maximum Paper Size||A4|
|Media Supported||Plain Paper, Envelopes, Photo Paper Pro Platinum (PT-101), Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-201), Photo Paper Pro Luster (LU-101), Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss (SG-201), Glossy Photo Paper “Everyday Use” (GP-501), Matte Photo Paper (MP-101), High Resolution Paper (HR-101N), T-shirt Transfer (TR-301), Photo Stickers (PS-101)|
|MultiMedia Card||SD Card, SDHC Card, MultiMedia Card, MultiMedia Card Plus, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick Micro*, RS-MMC*, mini SD Card*, micro SD Card*, mini SDHC Card*, micro SDHC Card*, MMC mobile* *Using recommended adapter – not supplied|
|Paper Size||A4, A5, B5, Letter, Legal, Envelopes (DL size or Commercial 10), 20x25cm|
|Paper Weight||64 to 300*g/Sqm (Heaviest weight supported using Canon special media|
|Scanner Document Size||A4/Letter|
|Secure Digital||SD Card, SDHC Card, MultiMedia Card, MultiMedia Card Plus, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick Micro*, RS-MMC*, mini SD Card*, micro SD Card*, mini SDHC Card*, micro SDHC Card*, MMC mobile* *Using recommended adapter – not supplied|
|Sony Memory Stick||Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick Micro|
|xD-Picture Card||Supported: xD Picture Card, xD Picture card Type M, xD Picture card Type H|
|Barcodes & Labels|
|Mono or Colour Printer||Colour|
|Technology||Multifunction Inkjet Printer|
|Dimensions||455mm (W) x 369mm (D) x 148mm (H) – Weight 8kg|
|Environmental||Operating Temperature 5 to 35C – Humidity 10 to 90%|
|Power Consumption||16W (Max) / 0.9W (Standby) / 0.3W (Saving)|
|Product Summary||Canon Pixma MG5450 A4 Colour Inkjet Printer|
|Product Type||Inkjet Printer|
|Voltage/ Power/ Frequency||100 to 240VAC / 50 to 60Hz|
|Number of Print Cartridges||5|
|In the Box|
|In The Box||PIXMA MG5450 All-In-One, Power cord, Starter ink cartridges, Multilingual set up guides, Warranty sheet, Set up software and Users manual CD including My Image Garden with text OCR and HD Movie Print|
Canon PIXMA MG5450 Driver & Software Installations
First Method: Installing the Canon PIXMA MG5450 Driver by Downloading the Application
There are many ways or method of installing the Canon PIXMA MG5450. The first method is to install the driver of the printer without the use of CD Driver. The driver will be downloaded from the internet and there have been provided software that can be downloaded easily. In this case, there are several things that you for this first method:
- The most important thing that you must have is the driver of Canon PIXMA MG5450. In this case, you can download the driver for free by clicking the provided link below.
- Then, you will also need a USB cable to connect the PC and printer. Actually, this cable has been provided and it can be found in the printer package.
After you provide those two important things, then you can follow the complete steps.
- The first step to do is to turn on your computer and also the Canon PIXMA MG5450.
- You do not need to connect the Canon PIXMA MG5450 to the computer. You will do this when you have the application installed.
- After that, you can start to download the driver of Canon PIXMA MG5450 and then install the driver after the download completes.
- When the download and installation finishes, you can start to connect your Canon PIXMA MG5450 to the computer using the provided USB cable. When the printer is connected, the installed driver will be able to analyze the printer. When Canon PIXMA MG5450 has been detected, you only need to follow the next instructions.
- You will find several instructions and you only need to follow them.
- When you have completed the installation and configuration processes, the Canon PIXMA MG5450 is ready to use.
Second Method: Installing the Canon PIXMA MG5450 Driver Manually
The second way is to install the printer driver manually using the provided feature of “Add a printer” in the Windows. In this case, there are several things that you need to prepare:
- You must have the software or driver of Canon PIXMA MG5450 and it can be downloaded for free.
- You also need the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MG5450 and this has been included in the printer package.
When you have provided those two things, you can start the installation process:
- First, you need to make sure that your computer and the Canon PIXMA MG5450 are turned on.
- After that, you connect Canon PIXMA MG5450 to the PC using the provided cable.
- You should extract the software or driver of Canon PIXMA MG5450 and then open the location of installed driver.
- Then, you can open the control panel of your printer to get the access of adding a new device of the printer.
- When you have found the menu of “add a printer”, you can just click it.
- After clicking it, you can give the location of extracted driver files.
- You only need to follow the instruction of the wizard to complete the installation.
- When the process finishes, your Canon PIXMA MG5450 is ready and you can start to use it.
Third Method: Installing the Driver of Canon PIXMA MG5450 with the Provided CD (Automatic Wizard)
The third method of installing the Canon PIXMA MG5450 driver is by using the provided CD. In this case, there are several things that you need:
- You need to make sure that your PC have CD/DVD drive.
- You also need to CD of Canon PIXMA MG5450 driver that can be found in the printer package.
- You also need USB cable to connect the printer to the PC and this has been provided in the package.
For installing the driver, you can follow the instruction of the installation process using the CD of Canon PIXMA MG5450 driver.
- The first thing to do is to turn on the computer and the Canon PIXMA MG5450.
- You do not need to plug in the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MG5450 because this will be needed later.
- Then, you need to insert the driver of Canon PIXMA MG5450 to the CD/DVD drive. When it is inserted, you can follow the setup wizard and complete the installation.
- After this, you can plug in the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MG5450 and connect the printer to the computer when the setup wizard asks you to plug in and connect the USB cable.
- You need to wait for awhile until the cable of Canon PIXMA MG5450 is detected by the application. When it is connected, you can continue the setup and instructions.
- When the processes have finished, your Canon PIXMA MG5450 will be ready to use.
How to Install Canon PIXMA MG5450 Printer Driver on Linux
- A Linux-run device
- A Common Unix Printer Service (CUPS) installed on the device.
- Run the computer and run the CUPS.
- Visit the web-based interface.
- Open a browser and navigate to localhost: 631.
- Connect the printer.
- On the browser, go to Administration tab and select Printers.
- Select Add Printer.
- Enter username and password.
- Your printer (Canon PIXMA MG5450) should be on the list displayed. Select it and press Continue.
- CUPS detect and add the printer.
- A configuration window will pop up, fill values as needed.
- The printer is ready to use.
How to Uninstall Canon PIXMA MG5450 Printer Driver
- Look for the Windows button on your device’s keyboard.
- Select Control Panel.
- Look for Uninstall a Program tab, select it.
- Look for the name of the printer driver you wish to uninstall.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- Wait until the process is done.
- Open Apple Menu.
- Select System Preferences.
- Select Printers and Scanners.
- Choose a printer driver that you wish to uninstall. (Select Canon PIXMA MG5450 if your printer is of that type.)
- Click Remove.
- Go to Application.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Printers. Printer window will pop up.
- Locate Unlock button on the upper right section, select it.
- Enter password.
- Locate the Canon PIXMA MG5450 printer driver your wish to uninstall. Find a minus sign under it.
- Click the minus sign.
PIXMA MG5450 Wireless Connection Setup
Connecting with WPS
- Physical WPS push button must be present.
- The network must use WPA or WPA2 security.
- Press printer’s Home button.
- Use navigation arrows to select WLAN Setup icon.
- Press the left function button.
Wi-Fi lamp will light up after enabling wireless connection. Printer searches for access that supports WPS.
- Press and hold WPS button for 5 seconds, release.
- Press OK button after 2 minutes.
- After the connection is made, press OK to complete setup.
Install software for PIXMA MG5450.
If the connection still fails, please contact manufacturer.
Standard Connection Method
- Press printer’s Home button.
- Use navigation arrows to select WLAN Setup icon.
- Press the left function button.
- Press the Stop/Reset button
- Select Standard setup then press OK button to start process of standard setup.
Printer is searching for available wireless network.
- Use navigation arrows to select access point (the name of your network). Press OK.
Press left function button to search again if you cannot see your network on the list.
- Press OK to input/edit network password (case sensitive).
Use the virtual keyboard to enter a password. Follow the procedure as instructed:
- Password is case sensitive. Press the center function button to navigate between numeric, upper case, and lower case.
- Use navigation arrows to pick a character on the keyboard, press OK to confirm selection, and move another character.
- Repeat step (a) and (b) for more characters to input.
- After inputting password, press left function button to complete.
- Confirm your password. Press OK to edit, if needed.
- Press left function button to complete setup. Press OK.
Follow by installing software for PIXMA MG5450.
If the connection still fails, please contact the manufacturer.
PIXMA MG5450-factory default settings
- Press printer’s Home button.
- Use navigation arrows to select Setup icon.
- Press the right function button.
- Use left navigation arrow to select Device Settings.
- Press OK.
- Use up navigation arrow to access LAN settings.
- Press OK.
- Use down navigation arrow to select Yes for reset setting.
- Press OK.
- WLAN Settings now reset. A message [Processing….Please wait momentarily] is shown.
- Press OK to complete resetting WLAN.
canonupdates.net provide a download link for Canon PIXMA MG5450 publishing directly from Canon website with easy-to-download, to get the download link can be found below.
|PIXMA MG5450 MP Drivers (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.01||37 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG5450 Mini Master Setup (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.0||44 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG5450 XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||5.60a||26 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||293 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||2.6.1||9.2 MB||Download|
|Windows Adobe RGB 1998 Installer Program (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/XP64/2000/Me)||1.4.1||329 KB||Download|
|PIXMA MG5450 Mini Master Setup (OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8)||1.0||55 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG5450 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||188.8.131.52||15 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver For Mac (OS X 10.6)||3.3.4||3.7 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG5450 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.5/10.6)||184.108.40.206||18 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG5450 Scanner Driver (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6/Mac OS X 10.5)||19.0.0b||27 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.0.0||2.5 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||2.6.1||2.2 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||3.2.0||299 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.1||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu For Mac (OS X 10.6)||2.5.0||2.4 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden For Mac (OS X 10.6)||3.1.0||298 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool for Intel Mac (OS X 10.5/10.6)||4.4.1||5.3 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||4.1.6||102 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu For Mac (OS X 10.5)||2.0.1||5.8 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden For Mac (OS X 10.5)||1.0.0||289 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Source file)||2.00||3.9 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG5450 IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)||3.80||3.2 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG5450 IJ Printer Driver for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||3.80||3.3 MB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Source file)||3.80||8.5 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG5450 ScanGear MP for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)||2.00||1.3 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG5450 ScanGear MP for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||2.00||1.3 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG5450 User Manual (Windows)||1.10||22 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG5450 User Manual (Mac)||1.10||188 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Mac)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Windows)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Mac)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Windows)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG5450 Getting Started Guide||V1||3.3 MB||Download|
|The manual for how to use AirPrint for Windows||1.6||215 KB||Download|
|The manual for how to use Print from E-mail for Windows||1.1||820 KB||Download|
|The manual for how to use Print from E-mail for Mac||1.1||693 KB||Download|
|The manual for how to use AirPrint for Mac||1.6||129 KB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Operation guide)||2.00||395 KB||Download|
|PIXMA MG5450 Setup Guide||V1||390 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Operation guide)||3.80||87 KB||Download|
|Print from E-mail Firmware Updater (Mac) for PIXMA MG5450||1.1a||27 MB||Download|
|Print from E-mail Firmware Updater (Windows) for PIXMA MG5450||1.1||26 MB||Download|
Free Download Driver & Software Canon PIXMA MG5450 for Windows, Mac OS, Linux
In this case, there is access to Download the driver of Canon PIXMA MG5450 for free. You do not need to find other websites because the site of www.canonupdates.net already provides the access to download the application. You only need to click the web link provided below to download the driver. Then, you can follow the manual instruction. There is also an alternative to downloading the user manual to complete the process of installation.