Canon PIXMA MG6120 Printer Driver & Wireless Setup
Canon PIXMA MG6120 Printer Driver & Wireless Setup For Windows, Mac, Linux – As a loyal consumer of Canon, PIXMA MG6120 is a compact multifunction printer you need to give it a try ever since it has additional functional features you will need it as your ideal printing device companion. Rather different with previous series, this unit supported with a 3-inch display of Intelligent Touch System in which you can operate the unit, with ease. Unfortunately, the lack comes from its oversensitive virtual buttons on the LCD touchscreen, in which can lead you to push the wrong function as you mean to be.
Way better than the previous season, Canon MG6120 launched with more than 100-sheet which can handle by the paper trays, specifically in 150-sheet. The paper trays, however, can easily adjust with your need, either backward or forward, as its ability to print in a bigger size, started from 4 by 6 inch up to legal-sized paper.
As a wireless printer, you can be setting up the Canon PIXMA MG 6120 into any mobile device, meaning you are able to access the printer in various place in your workplace, as long as both devices are connected to the similar network connection. In addition, you can also choose extra features in which you can experience interesting printing duty, such as Easy-PhotoPrint EX, or My Image Garden.
Also, update driver: Canon PIXMA MG5120 Printer Driver & Manual Installation
Canon PIXMA MG6120 Operating System Compatibility
Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows 2000 / Windows Me / macOS Sierra v10.12 / Mac OS X v10.11 / Mac OS X v10.10 /Mac OS X v10.9 / Mac OS X v10.8 / Mac OS X v10.7 / Linux.
Specification Canon PIXMA MG6120
|Maximum Resolution||Color: up to 9600 x 2400 dpi
Black: up to 600 x 600 dpi
|Ink Droplet Size||5, 2, and 1 pl|
|Ink Type||Canon ChromaLife 100+ (dye & pigment)|
|Ink Cartridge Configuration||6 x individual cartridges|
|Ink Cartridges||PGI-225 Pigment Black
CLI-226 Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black & Gray (dye-based)
|Number of Nozzles||Color: 5632
|Print Speed||4″ x 6″ (101.6 x 152.4mm) borderless photo: approx. 20 sec
Black: ESAT Approx. 12.5 ipm
Color: ESAT Approx. 9.3 ipmNote: Print speed measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage.
|Input Buffer||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Printer Duty Cycle||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Print Archival Life||Up to 300 years (album life)|
|Maximum Printable Area||8.5 x 14″ (legal, 215.9 x 355.6mm)|
|Paper Sizes||4 x 6″ (101.6 x 152.4mm)
5 x 7″ (127 x 177.8mm)
8″ x 10 (203.2 x 254mm)
Letter (8.5 x 11″, 215.9 x 279.4mm)
Legal (8.5 x 14″, 215.9 x 355.6mm)
U.S. #10 Envelopes
|Borderless Photo Sizes||4 x 6″ (101.6 x 152.4mm) up to 8.5 x 11″ (215.9 x 279.4mm)|
|Paper Types||Plain: Plain paper, Canon High Resolution Paper
Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum
Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy
Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss
Matte: Canon Matte Photo Paper
Fine Art: Canon Fine Art Paper “Photo Rag”
Envelopes: U.S.# 10 envelopes
Borderless Photo Printing:
Canon Photo Paper Pro Platinum, Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Canon Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss, Canon Photo Paper Glossy and Canon Matte Photo Paper
|Paper Capacity||Output Tray:
Auto Sheet Feeder: 150 pages
Cassette: 150 pages
|Special Media Support||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Media Weight||Up to 80 lb (300 gsm)|
|Copy Speed||FCOT (color): approx. 15 sec|
|Multiple Copies||1-99 pages|
|Scan Sensor||Contact Image Sensor (CIS)|
|Scan Size||Up to 8.5 x 11.7″ (215.9 x 297.2mm)|
|Scanning Resolution||Optical: 4800 x 4800 dpi
Interpolated: 19,200 x 19,200 dpi
|Color Depth||Internal: 48 bit
|Computer Interface||Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b/g/n)
Hi-Speed USB 2.0
PictBridge (USB cable not included)
|Compatible Memory Cards||SD Memory Card
Memory Stick PRO
Memory Stick Duo
Memory Stick PRO Duo
Memory Stick Micro
xD-Picture Card (Type M)
xD-Picture Card (Type H)
Also compatible with USB storage drives
|Software||Setup Software & User’s Guide CD-ROM
PIXMA MG6120 Printer Driver
Easy-PhotoPrint EX (available as a plug-in)
Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows only)
Note: Compatible with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 in Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP only. Not included on installation CD. Requires Internet connection during installation.
Full HD Movie Print
Note: Full HD Movie Print is available from “MOV” movie files created by Canon digital cameras. From PC, or Mac with Intel processor. Requires Canon ZoomBrowser EX 6.5 or later, or Canon ImageBrowser 6.5 or later
MP Navigator EX
|Direct Print Capable||Yes|
|PostScript Support||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|OS Compatibility||Windows 7
Mac OS X v10.4.11 to 10.6.x9
|Image Preview Display||3.0″ (72mm) LCD|
|Front Panel Controls||Touch sensitive controls
|Power Requirements||110-120VAC, 220-240VAC, 50/60Hz|
|Power Consumption||Working: 24W Standby: 2W Off: 5W|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||14.5 x 18.5 x 6.3″ (368 x 470 x 160mm)|
|Weight||19.3 lb (8.6 kg)|
Canon PIXMA MG6120 Driver & Software Installations
First Method: Installing the Canon PIXMA MG6120 Driver by Downloading the Application
There are many ways or method of installing the Canon PIXMA MG6120. The first method is to install the driver of the printer without the use of CD Driver. The driver will be downloaded from the internet and there have been provided software that can be downloaded easily. In this case, there are several things that you for this first method:
- The most important thing that you must have is the driver of Canon PIXMA MG6120. In this case, you can download the driver for free by clicking the provided link below.
- Then, you will also need a USB cable to connect the PC and printer. Actually, this cable has been provided and it can be found in the printer package.
After you provide those two important things, then you can follow the complete steps.
- The first step to do is to turn on your computer and also the Canon PIXMA MG6120.
- You do not need to connect the Canon PIXMA MG6120 to the computer. You will do this when you have the application installed.
- After that, you can start to download the driver of Canon PIXMA MG6120 and then install the driver after the download completes.
- When the download and installation finishes, you can start to connect your Canon PIXMA MG6120 to the computer using the provided USB cable. When the printer is connected, the installed driver will be able to analyze the printer. When Canon PIXMA MG6120 has been detected, you only need to follow the next instructions.
- You will find several instructions and you only need to follow them.
- When you have completed the installation and configuration processes, the Canon PIXMA MG6120 is ready to use.
Second Method: Installing the Canon PIXMA MG6120 Driver Manually
The second way is to install the printer driver manually using the provided feature of “Add a printer” in the Windows. In this case, there are several things that you need to prepare:
- You must have the software or driver of Canon PIXMA MG6120 and it can be downloaded for free.
- You also need the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MG6120 and this has been included in the printer package.
When you have provided those two things, you can start the installation process:
- First, you need to make sure that your computer and the Canon PIXMA MG6120 are turned on.
- After that, you connect Canon PIXMA MG6120 to the PC using the provided cable.
- You should extract the software or driver of Canon PIXMA MG6120 and then open the location of installed driver.
- Then, you can open the control panel of your printer to get the access of adding a new device of the printer.
- When you have found the menu of “add a printer”, you can just click it.
- After clicking it, you can give the location of extracted driver files.
- You only need to follow the instruction of the wizard to complete the installation.
- When the process finishes, your Canon PIXMA MG6120 is ready and you can start to use it.
Third Method: Installing the Driver of Canon PIXMA MG6120 with the Provided CD (Automatic Wizard)
The third method of installing the Canon PIXMA MG6120 driver is by using the provided CD. In this case, there are several things that you need:
- You need to make sure that your PC have CD/DVD drive.
- You also need to CD of Canon PIXMA MG6120 driver that can be found in the printer package.
- You also need USB cable to connect the printer to the PC and this has been provided in the package.
For installing the driver, you can follow the instruction of the installation process using the CD of Canon PIXMA MG6120 driver.
- The first thing to do is to turn on the computer and the Canon PIXMA MG6120.
- You do not need to plug in the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MG6120 because this will be needed later.
- Then, you need to insert the driver of Canon PIXMA MG6120 to the CD/DVD drive. When it is inserted, you can follow the setup wizard and complete the installation.
- After this, you can plug in the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MG6120 and connect the printer to the computer when the setup wizard asks you to plug in and connect the USB cable.
- You need to wait for awhile until the cable of Canon PIXMA MG6120 is detected by the application. When it is connected, you can continue the setup and instructions.
- When the processes have finished, your Canon PIXMA MG6120 will be ready to use.
How to Install Canon PIXMA MG6120 Printer Driver on Linux
- A Linux-run device
- A Common Unix Printer Service (CUPS) installed on the device.
- Run the computer and run the CUPS.
- Visit the web-based interface.
- Open a browser and navigate to localhost: 631.
- Connect the printer.
- On the browser, go to Administration tab and select Printers.
- Select Add Printer.
- Enter username and password.
- Your printer (Canon PIXMA MG6120) should be on the list displayed. Select it and press Continue.
- CUPS detect and add the printer.
- A configuration window will pop up, fill values as needed.
- The printer is ready to use.
How to Uninstall Canon PIXMA MG6120 Printer Driver
- Look for the Windows button on your device’s keyboard.
- Select Control Panel.
- Look for Uninstall a Program tab, select it.
- Look for the name of the printer driver you wish to uninstall.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- Wait until the process is done.
- Open Apple Menu.
- Select System Preferences.
- Select Printers and Scanners.
- Choose a printer driver that you wish to uninstall. (Select Canon PIXMA MG6120 if your printer is of that type.)
- Click Remove.
- Go to Application.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Printers. Printer window will pop up.
- Locate Unlock button on the upper right section, select it.
- Enter password.
- Locate the Canon PIXMA MG6120 printer driver your wish to uninstall. Find a minus sign under it.
- Click the minus sign.
PIXMA MG6120 Wireless Connection Setup
Connecting with WPS
- Physical WPS push button must be present.
- The network must use WPA or WPA2 security.
- Press printer’s Home button.
- Use navigation arrows to select WLAN Setup icon.
- Press the left function button.
Wi-Fi lamp will light up after enabling wireless connection. Printer searches for access that supports WPS.
- Press and hold WPS button for 5 seconds, release.
- Press OK button after 2 minutes.
- After the connection is made, press OK to complete setup.
Install software for PIXMA MG6120.
If the connection still fails, please contact manufacturer.
Standard Connection Method
- Press printer’s Home button.
- Use navigation arrows to select WLAN Setup icon.
- Press the left function button.
- Press the Stop/Reset button
- Select Standard setup then press OK button to start process of standard setup.
Printer is searching for available wireless network.
- Use navigation arrows to select access point (the name of your network). Press OK.
Press left function button to search again if you cannot see your network on the list.
- Press OK to input/edit network password (case sensitive).
Use the virtual keyboard to enter a password. Follow the procedure as instructed:
- Password is case sensitive. Press the center function button to navigate between numeric, upper case, and lower case.
- Use navigation arrows to pick a character on the keyboard, press OK to confirm selection, and move another character.
- Repeat step (a) and (b) for more characters to input.
- After inputting password, press left function button to complete.
- Confirm your password. Press OK to edit, if needed.
- Press left function button to complete setup. Press OK.
Follow by installing software for PIXMA MG6120.
If the connection still fails, please contact the manufacturer.
PIXMA MG6120-factory default settings
- Press printer’s Home button.
- Use navigation arrows to select Setup icon.
- Press the right function button.
- Use left navigation arrow to select Device Settings.
- Press OK.
- Use up navigation arrow to access LAN settings.
- Press OK.
- Use down navigation arrow to select Yes for reset setting.
- Press OK.
- WLAN Settings now reset. A message [Processing….Please wait momentarily] is shown.
- Press OK to complete resetting WLAN.
canonupdates.net provide a download link for Canon PIXMA MG6120 publishing directly from Canon website with easy-to-download, to get the download link can be found below.
|MG6120/MG6100 series MP Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.05||29 MB||Download|
|MG6120/MG6100 series MP Driver (Windows XP x64)||1.05||19 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||293 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||2.6.1||9.2 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.03||48 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX For Windows XP (64-bit)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu EX For Windows XP (64-bit)||1.4.1||9.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint Pro (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/XP x64)||2.8.2||14 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu EX (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.4.1||9.6 MB||Download|
|Windows Adobe RGB 1998 Installer Program For (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/XP x64/2000/me)||1.4.1||329 KB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX For (Windows XP x64)||4.02||45 MB||Download|
|MG6120/MG6100 series Mini Master Setup (OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8)||1.1||38 MB||Download|
|MG6120/MG6100 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||188.8.131.52||16 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver For Mac (OS X 10.6)||3.3.4||8.6 MB||Download|
|MG6120/MG6100 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.5/10.6)||184.108.40.206||18 MB||Download|
|MG6120/MG6100 series Scanner Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6/Mac OS X 10.5)||17.7.1a||13 MB||Download|
|MG6120/MG6100 series Scanner Driver For (macOS 10.12)||17.7.1b||13 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.0.0||7.1 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||2.6.1||2.2 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||3.2.0||299 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.1||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.0.4||34 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden For Mac (OS X 10.6)||3.1.0||298 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu For Mac (OS X 10.6)||2.5.0||2.4 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint Pro (OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10)||2.8.2||8.7 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool for Intel Mac (OS X 10.5/10.6)||4.4.1||5.3 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10)||1.4.1||4.9 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint Pro (OS X 10.5)||2.8.0a||9.3 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||4.1.6||102 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||4.0.3||34 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu For Mac (OS X 10.5)||2.0.1||5.8 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden For Mac (OS X 10.5)||1.0.0||289 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool for Power PC (OS X 10.4/10.5)||3.2.0||4.8 MB||Download|
|Mac OS X Canon IJ Network Setup Tool (OS X 10.3/10.4/10.5/10.6)||2.9.0||3.3 MB||Download|
|Linux IJ Scanner Driver||1.60||2.8 MB||Download|
|Linux IJ Printer Driver||3.40||7.7 MB||Download|
|Linux IJ scanner driver source file||1.60||3.7 MB||Download|
|Linux IJ printer driver source file||3.40||9.1 MB||Download|
|MG6120/MG6100 series User Manual (Windows)||1.10||17 MB||Download|
|MG6120/MG6100 series User Manual (Mac)||1.10||36 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Mac)||V2.7||617 KB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Windows)||V2.7||627 KB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Mac)||V3.5||2.8 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Windows)||V3.5||2.8 MB||Download|
|On-Screen Manual for Mac (Multilanguage)||1.10||36 MB||Download|
|On-Screen Manual for Windows (Multilanguage)||1.10||49 MB||Download|
Free Download Driver & Software Canon PIXMA MG6120 for Windows, Mac OS, Linux
In this case, there is access to Download the driver of Canon PIXMA MG6120 for free. You do not need to find other websites because the site of www.canonupdates.net already provides the access to download the application. You only need to click the web link provided below to download the driver. Then, you can follow the manual instruction. There is also an alternative to downloading the user manual to complete the process of installation.