As the title, Canon PIXMA MX396 is one recommended device for supporting your office needs since this device has a lot of functional features to satisfy yourself as the owner. Begin the scoring by its appearance, you will never find any bulky design with an annoying curve on it since it has already replaced with stylish design in a simple look, along with functional feature you have to consider seriously.
The functional feature of Canon MX396 refers to ChromeLife 100 to maintain the longevity of scanned images, printed documents, and so on. Therefore, if you have a hand-me-down printer and the first owner lost the driver, you do not have to worry. For several compatible operating systems, you can use the printer directly once you plug the cable connection. Otherwise, if you need fully functioned printer, you can pay a visit to the official website owned by Canon, and then look for the appropriate driver to be downloaded.
Canon PIXMA MX 396 is also a brand new device for a multipurpose device with several basic functions such as printing, scanning, and also copying. In addition, you can also treat this printing device to be fax machine for an additional support system for your home needs.
Also, update driver: Canon PIXMA MG2960 Driver & Software For Windows, MacOS and Linux
Canon PIXMA MX396 Operating System Compatibility
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11) / Linux
Specification Canon PIXMA MX396
Min. Ink Droplet Size
2pl/5pl (C/M), 3pl/5pl(Y), 11pl (PgBK)
4800 x 1200 (horizontal x vertical) dpi Total 1,792 nozzles (PgBK: 640 nozzles C/M/Y: each 384 nozzles)
B&W A4: Approx. 8.7ipmColour A4: Approx. 5.0ipm,6″x4″ Borderless: Approx. 46secs
PG-640 and CL-641 (optional PG-640XL, CL-641XL and PG-640XXL high capacity cartridges)
Borderless 6”x4” photo PG-640 (approx. 2465), CL-641 (approx. 69) or PG-640XL (approx. 5235), CL-641XL (approx. 150) or PG-640XXL (approx. 7560)Plain paper A4 PG-640 (approx. 180), CL-641 (approx. 180) or PG-640XL(approx. 400), CL-641XL (approx. 400) or PG-640XXL (approx. 600)
Top/Bottom/Right/Left margin: each 0 mm (Supported Paper Size: A4, LTR, 4″x6″, 5″x7″, 8″x10″)
Plain Paper Capacity
Supported Paper Sizes4
A4, A5, B5, LTR, LGL, 4″x6″, 5″x7″, 8″x10″, Envelopes(DL, COM10)
Supported Paper Weights
Plain Paper: 64-105 g/m2 , Canon specialty paper: max paper weight : approx. 300g/m2 (Photo Paper Pro Platinum PT-101)
Supported Paper Types
Plain PaperHigh Resolution Paper (HR-101N)Photo Paper Pro Platinum (PT-101)Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-201)Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss (SG-201)Photo Paper Pro Luster (LU-101)Glossy Photo Paper “Everyday Use” (GP-501)Matte Photo Paper(MP-101)T-shirt Transfers (TR301)Glossy Photo Stickers (PS101)Envelopes (DL, Com10)
Camera /Mobile Printing
Colour document (FCOT): Approx 23 sec; Colour document (ADF): 3.4ipm
Up to 99 pages
Maximum Document Size
A4, LTR (216×297mm);(ADF: A4, LTR, LGL)
25 to 400%
Special Copy Functions
Flatbed & ADF
1200 x 2400 optical dpi
A4 Colour: Approx. 15 secs
Special Scanning Functions
Push Scan, create PDFs with password protection
Transmission Speed (Mono) 8
Approx. 3 sec. (33.6kbps)
Max. 33.6kbps (Automatic fall back)
Approx. 50 pages
Max 19 locations
Wired LAN/Wireless LAN
Automatic Document Feeder
Paper Handling (Plain Paper): A4, LTR=30, LGL=5
Win: Windows XP SP3 (32-bit) / Vista SP1 / Vista SP2 / 7 / 7 SP1 / 8Mac: OSX v10.6.8 or later
Included as Standard
PIXMA MX396 All-in-One printer, Setup CD-ROM and printed documents, PG-640 FINE black cartridge, CL-641 FINE colour cartridge, telephone line cable, power cord and Canon warranty card
Easy-PhotoPrint EX, MP Navigator EX, Easy WebPrint EX (IE7+ only), Canon Solution Menu, Adobe RGB, On Screen Manual and My Image Garden
AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz
Max: 20W (copying) 9, Standby: 1.1W
Min. Dimensions (W x D x H)
458 x 385 x 200 mm
Canon PIXMA MX396 Driver & Software Installations
First Method: Installing the Canon PIXMA MX396 Driver by Downloading the Application
There are many ways or method of installing the Canon PIXMA MX396. The first method is to install the driver of the printer without the use of CD Driver. The driver will be downloaded from the internet and there have been provided software that can be downloaded easily. In this case, there are several things that you for this first method:
- The most important thing that you must have is the driver of Canon PIXMA MX396. In this case, you can download the driver for free by clicking the provided link below.
- Then, you will also need a USB cable to connect the PC and printer. Actually, this cable has been provided and it can be found in the printer package.
After you provide those two important things, then you can follow the complete steps.
- The first step to do is to turn on your computer and also the Canon PIXMA MX396.
- You do not need to connect the Canon MX396 to the computer. You will do this when you have the application installed.
- After that, you can start to download the driver of PIXMA MX396 and then install the driver after the download completes.
- When the download and installation finishes, you can start to connect your Canon MX396 to the computer using the provided USB cable. When the printer is connected, the installed driver will be able to analyze the printer. When PIXMA MX396 has been detected, you only need to follow the next instructions.
- You will find several instructions and you only need to follow them.
- When you have completed the installation and configuration processes, the Canon PIXMA MX396 is ready to use.
Second Method: Installing the Canon PIXMA MX396 Driver Manually
The second way is to install the printer driver manually using the provided feature of “Add a printer” in the Windows. In this case, there are several things that you need to prepare:
- You must have the software or driver of Canon PIXMA MX396 and it can be downloaded for free.
- You also need the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MX396 and this has been included in the printer package.
When you have provided those two things, you can start the installation process:
- First, you need to make sure that your computer and the Canon PIXMA MX396 are turned on.
- After that, you connect PIXMA MX396 to the PC using the provided cable.
- You should extract the software or driver of Canon MX396 and then open the location of installed driver.
- Then, you can open the control panel of your printer to get the access of adding a new device of the printer.
- When you have found the menu of “add a printer”, you can just click it.
- After clicking it, you can give the location of extracted driver files.
- You only need to follow the instruction of the wizard to complete the installation.
- When the process finishes, your Canon PIXMA MX396 is ready and you can start to use it.
Third Method: Installing the Driver of Canon PIXMA MX396 with the Provided CD (Automatic Wizard)
The third method of installing the Canon PIXMA MX396 driver is by using the provided CD. In this case, there are several things that you need:
- You need to make sure that your PC have CD/DVD drive.
- You also need to CD of Canon PIXMA MX396 driver that can be found in the printer package.
- You also need USB cable to connect the printer to the PC and this has been provided in the package.
For installing the driver, you can follow the instruction of the installation process using the CD of Canon PIXMA MX396 driver.
- The first thing to do is to turn on the computer and the Canon PIXMA MX396.
- You do not need to plug in the USB cable of Canon MX396 because this will be needed later.
- Then, you need to insert the driver of PIXMA MX396 to the CD/DVD drive. When it is inserted, you can follow the setup wizard and complete the installation.
- After this, you can plug in the USB cable of Canon MX396 and connect the printer to the computer when the setup wizard asks you to plug in and connect the USB cable.
- You need to wait for awhile until the cable of PIXMA MX396 is detected by the application. When it is connected, you can continue the setup and instructions.
- When the processes have finished, your Canon MX396 will be ready to use.
How to Install Canon PIXMA MX396 Printer Driver on MacOS
How to install driver of Canon PIXMA MX396 in Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.
How to Install Canon PIXMA MX396 Printer Driver on Linux
- A Linux-run device
- A Common Unix Printer Service (CUPS) installed on the device.
- Run the computer and run the CUPS.
- Visit the web-based interface.
- Open a browser and navigate to localhost: 631.
- Connect the printer.
- On the browser, go to Administration tab and select Printers.
- Select Add Printer.
- Enter username and password.
- Your printer (Canon PIXMA MX396) should be on the list displayed. Select it and press Continue.
- CUPS detect and add the printer.
- A configuration window will pop up, fill values as needed.
- The printer is ready to use.
How to Uninstall Canon PIXMA MX396 Printer Driver
- Look for the Windows button on your device’s keyboard.
- Select Control Panel.
- Look for Uninstall a Program tab, select it.
- Look for the name of the printer driver you wish to uninstall.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- Wait until the process is done.
- Open Apple Menu.
- Select System Preferences.
- Select Printers and Scanners.
- Choose a printer driver that you wish to uninstall. (Select Canon PIXMA MX396 if your printer is of that type.)
- Click Remove.
- Go to Application.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Printers. Printer window will pop up.
- Locate Unlock button on the upper right section, select it.
- Enter password.
- Locate the Canon PIXMA MX396 printer driver your wish to uninstall. Find a minus sign under it.
- Click the minus sign.
PIXMA MX396 Wireless Connection Setup
(Note: If the printer is compatible with wireless)
Connecting with WPS
- Physical WPS push button must be present.
- The network must use WPA or WPA2 security.
- Press printer’s Home button.
- Use navigation arrows to select WLAN Setup icon.
- Press the left function button.
Wi-Fi lamp will light up after enabling wireless connection. Printer searches for access that supports WPS.
- Press and hold WPS button for 5 seconds, release.
- Press OK button after 2 minutes.
- After the connection is made, press OK to complete setup.
Install software for PIXMA MX396.
If the connection still fails, please contact manufacturer.
Standard Connection Method
- Press printer’s Home button.
- Use navigation arrows to select WLAN Setup icon.
- Press the left function button.
- Press the Stop/Reset button
- Select Standard setup then press OK button to start process of standard setup.
Printer is searching for available wireless network.
- Use navigation arrows to select access point (the name of your network). Press OK.
Press left function button to search again if you cannot see your network on the list.
- Press OK to input/edit network password (case sensitive).
Use the virtual keyboard to enter a password. Follow the procedure as instructed:
- Password is case sensitive. Press the center function button to navigate between numeric, upper case, and lower case.
- Use navigation arrows to pick a character on the keyboard, press OK to confirm selection, and move another character.
- Repeat step (a) and (b) for more characters to input.
- After inputting password, press left function button to complete.
- Confirm your password. Press OK to edit, if needed.
- Press left function button to complete setup. Press OK.
Follow by installing software for PIXMA MX396.
If the connection still fails, please contact the manufacturer.
PIXMA MX396-factory default settings
- Press printer’s Home button.
- Use navigation arrows to select Setup icon.
- Press the right function button.
- Use left navigation arrow to select Device Settings.
- Press OK.
- Use up navigation arrow to access LAN settings.
- Press OK.
- Use down navigation arrow to select Yes for reset setting.
- Press OK.
- WLAN Settings now reset. A message [Processing….Please wait momentarily] is shown.
- Press OK to complete resetting WLAN.
If you have a printer Canon PIXMA MX396, then you will need to have the official driver & software to install your printer. If you have none, then you will be glad to know that canonupdates.net will give you the official driver & software that you can directly download from this link below. Of course, the steps by step are also easy to follow.
|Canon MX396 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.11 / 10.10 / 10.9 / 10.8 / X 10.7||188.8.131.52||15 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.6)||3.3.4||3.5 MB||Download|
|Canon MX396 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.6)||184.108.40.206||16 MB||Download|
|Canon MX396 Scanner Driver (OS X 10.11 / 10.10 / 10.9 / 10.8 / X 10.7||19.1.0a||25 MB||Download|
|Canon MX396 MP Drivers (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.00||28 MB||Download|
|Canon MX396 XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||5.65||25 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Source file)||2.10||3.5 MB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Source file)||3.90||6.5 MB||Download|
|Canon MX396 IJ Printer Driver for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||3.90||3 MB||Download|
|Canon MX396 IJ Printer Driver for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||3.90||3 MB||Download|
|Canon MX396 ScanGear MP for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||2.10||1.3 MB||Download|
|Canon MX396 ScanGear MP for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||2.10||1.3 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.11 / 10.10 / 10.9 / 10.8 / X 10.7||4.0.0||2.4 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.11 / 10.10 / 10.9 / 10.8 / X 10.7||2.6.1||2.2 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.11 / 10.10 / 10.9 / 10.8 / X 10.7||3.2.0||299 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||293 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11 / 10.10 / 10.9 / 10.8 / X 10.7||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||2.6.1||9.2 MB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (OS X 10.11 / 10.10 / 10.9 / 10.8 / X 10.7||1.6.0||879 KB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||4.8 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.6)||3.1.0||298 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.6)||2.5.0||2.4 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||4.1.6||102 MB||Download|
|Setup Manual For Mac||CA.1.00||1.9 MB||Download|
|Setup Manual For Windows||CA.1.00||2.1 MB||Download|
|Troubleshooting Manual For Mac||CA.1.00||1 MB||Download|
|Troubleshooting Manual For Windows||CA.1.00||1.1 MB||Download|
|Printing and Copying Manual For Mac||CA.1.00||1.3 MB||Download|
|Printing and Copying Manual For Windows||CA.1.00||1.9 MB||Download|
|Scanning Manual For Mac||CA.1.00||4 MB||Download|
|Scanning Manual For Windows||CA.1.00||3.1 MB||Download|
|Canon MX396 (PDF) User Manual (Windows)||1.1||8.8 MB||Download|
|Fax Manual For Mac||CA.1.00||950 KB||Download|
|Fax Manual For Windows||CA.1.00||1020 KB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Mac)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Windows)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Windows)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Mac)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|Canon MX396 Getting Started Guide||V1||2.7 MB||Download|
|Setup Guide for Fax Reception||V1||1.4 MB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Operation guide)||3.90||74 KB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Operation guide)||2.10||469 KB||Download|
Canon PIXMA MX396 Driver Download & Manual Installation for Windows, MacOS & Linux
In this case, there is access to Download the driver of Canon PIXMA MX396 for free. You do not need to find other websites because the site of Canon Drivers already provides the access to download the application. You only need to click the web link provided below to download the driver. Then, you can follow the manual instruction. There is also an alternative to downloading the user manual to complete the process of installation.