Canon PIXMA MX479 Driver Support & Setup Download
Canon PIXMA MX479 Driver Support & Setup Download For Windows, MacOS and Linux – Canon PIXMA MX479 is the type of wireless photo printer which also has the function as a copier, scanner and fax machine. You can optimize the efficiency of photo printing with this all-in-one printing machine. PIXMA MX479 is best in its connectivity by using the feature with Google Cloud Print and AirPrint technology. Those features can print your files wirelessly by using compatible devices such as a tablet, smartphone, or personal computer from anywhere in around your workplace. This printer also features the Automatic Document Feeder which is able to load 30 sheets of paper.
Canon MX479 has FastFront technology that can make the replacement of ink cartridge is easier. XL black cartridge also makes you allow you in using the ink for a long time without replacing the ink too often. This printer is featured with My Image Garden to help you in creating your creativity with the photo images that you have with the feature of Full HD Flick Print and Unique Filters.
Similar as the series of Canon PIXMA MX479, this Canon PIXMA MX 479 has the maximum resolution for about 1200 x 2400 dots per inch. This printer will not give you any disappointment when you choose this kind of printer to help you in doing your tasks while working at your office.
Also, update driver: Canon PIXMA MG2929 Driver & Software For Windows, MacOS and Linux
Canon PIXMA MX479 Operating System Compatibility
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11) / Linux
Canon PIXMA MX479 Specification
|Maximum Printing Resolution||4800 (horizontal) x 1200 (vertical) dpi|
|Print Head / Ink||Type:||FINE Cartridge|
|Number of Nozzles:||Total 1,280 nozzles|
|Ink Droplet Size (minimum)||2pl|
|Ink Tank:||PG-745, CL-746 (Optional: PG-745XL, CL-746XL)|
Based on ISO / IEC 24734.
|Document: Col||ESAT / Simplex||Approx. 4.4ipm|
|Document: B/W||ESAT / Simplex||Approx. 8.8ipm|
|Photo (4 x 6″)||PP-201 / Borderless||70secs.|
|Printable Width||Up to 203.2mm (8 inch), Borderless: Up to 216mm (8.5 inch)|
|Printable Area||Borderless Printing||Top / Bottom / Right / Left margin: each 0mm
(Supported Paper Size: A4, LTR, 4 x 6″, 5 x 7″, 8 x 10″)
|Bordered Printing||Top margin: 3mm, Bottom margin: 5mm, Left / Right margin: each 3.4mm (LTR, LGL: Left: 6.4mm, Right: 6.3mm)|
|Recommended Printing Area||Top margin: 32.5mm / Bottom margin: 33.5mm|
|Paper Size||A4, A5, B5, LTR, LGL, 4 x 6″, 5 x 7″, 8 x 10″, Envelopes (DL, COM10), Custom size (width 101.6 – 215.9mm, length 152.4 – 676mm)|
|Paper Handling (Front Tray)
|Plain Paper||A4, A5, B5, LTR = 100, LGL = 10|
|High Resolution Paper (HR-101N)||A4 = 80|
|Photo Paper Pro Platinum (PT-101)||4 x 6″ = 20, A4 = 10|
|Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-201)||4 x 6″ = 20, A4 = 10|
|Photo Paper Pro Luster (LU-101)||A4 = 10|
|Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss (SG-201)||4 x 6″ = 20, A4, 8 x 10″ = 10|
|Glossy Photo Paper “Everyday Use” (GP-601)||4 x 6″ = 20, A4 = 10|
|Matte Photo Paper (MP-101)||4 x 6″ = 20, A4 = 10|
|Envelope||European DL / US Com. #10 = 5|
|Paper Weight||Front Tray||Plain Paper: 64 – 105g/m2, Canon specialty paper: max paper weight: approx. 300g/m2 (Photo Paper Pro Platinum PT-101)|
|Ink End Sensor||Dot count|
|Print Head Alignment||Manual|
|Scanner Type||Flatbed & ADF|
|Scanning Method||CIS (Contact Image Sensor)|
|Optical Resolution||600 x 1200dpi|
|Selectable Resolution||25 – 19200dpi|
|Scanning Bit Depth (Input / Output)||Grayscale:||16 / 8-bits|
|Colour:||48 / 24-bits (RGB each 16 / 8-bits )|
|Line Scanning Speed||Grayscale:||1.2ms/line (300dpi)|
A4 Colour / 300dpi
|Maximum Document Size||Flatbed:||A4, LTR (216 × 297mm)|
|ADF:||A4, LTR, LGL|
|Maximum Document Size||A4, LTR (216 × 297mm)
(ADF: A4, LTR, LGL)
|Compatible Media||Size:||A4, A5, B5, LTR, LGL, 4 x 6″, 5 x 7″|
Photo Paper Pro Platinum (PT-101)
Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-201)
Photo Paper Pro Luster (LU-101)
Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss (SG-201)
Glossy Photo Paper “Everyday Use” (GP-601)
Matte Photo Paper (MP-101)
|Image Quality||3 positions (Fast, Standard, High)|
|Density Adjustment||9 positions, Auto intensity (AE copy)*
*Not supported for ADF
Based on ISO / IEC 29183.
sFCOT / Simplex:
sESAT / Simplex:
|Document (ADF): Colour
ESAT / Simplex
|Multiple Copy||Black / Colour:||max. 99 pages|
|Type||Desktop Transceiver (Super G3 / Colour Communication)|
|Applicable Line||PSTN (Public Switched Telephone Network)|
|Transmission Speed||Black:||Approx. 3secs. (33.6kbps)|
|Colour:||Approx. 1min. (33.6kbps)|
|Fax Resolution||Black:||8pels/mm x 3.85lines/mm (Standard)
8pels/mm x 7.7lines/mm (Fine)
300 x 300dpi (Extra Fine)
|Colour:||200 x 200dpi|
|Print Size||A4, LTR, LGL|
|Scanning Width||208mm (A4), 214mm (LTR)|
|Modem Speed||maximum 33.6kbps (Automatic fall back)|
|Compression||Black:||MH, MR, MMR|
|Colour:||24-bit Full colour (RGB each 8-bit)|
|ECM (Error Correction Mode)||ITU-T T.30 compatible|
|Group Dialing:||max. 19 locations|
|Transmission / Reception Memory*11||Approx. 50 pages|
|Type||Windows: via FAX modem (in MFP), Mac: N/A|
|Destination Number||1 location|
|Black / Colour||B/W transmission only|
|Protocol||TCP / IP|
|Wireless LAN||Network Type:||IEEE 802.11n / IEEE 802.11g / IEEE 802.11b|
|Channel:||1 – 13|
|Range:||indoor 50m (depends on the transmission speed and conditions)|
|Security:||WEP 64 / 128-bit, WPA-PSK (TKIP / AES), WPA2-PSK (TKIP / AES)|
|Windows:||(Please visit www.canon-asia.com to check OS compatibility and to download the latest driver updates.)||Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP1, Windows Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32-bit only|
|Macintosh:||Mac OS X v10.7.5 or later|
|Operation Panel||Display||Full dot|
|ADF||Paper Handling (Plain Paper)||A4, LTR = 20, LGL = 5|
|Interface||USB 2.0 Hi-Speed|
|Google Cloud Print||Available|
|PIXMA Cloud Link||from smartphone or tablet||Available|
|PIXMA Printing Solutions||Available|
|Access Point Mode||Available|
|Operating Environment*13||Temperature: 5 – 35°C; Humidity: 10 – 90% RH (no dew condensation)|
|Recommended Environment*14||Temperature: 15 – 30°C; Humidity: 10 – 80% RH (no dew condensation)|
|Storage Environment||Temperature: 0 – 40°C; Humidity: 5 – 95% RH (no dew condensation)|
|Acoustic Noise (PC Print)||Photo (4 x 6″)||Approx. 44.5dB(A)|
|Power||AC 100 – 240V, 50 / 60Hz|
|Power Consumption||OFF:||Approx. 0.3W|
|Standby (scanning lamp is off, connected to PC via USB):||Approx. 0.9W|
(connected to PC via USB)
|Environment||Regulation:||RoHS (EU, China), WEEE (EU)|
|Eco-Label:||Energy Star, EPEAT|
|Duty Cycle||up to 1,000 pages/month|
|Dimension (W x D x H)||Approx. 435 x 295 x 189mm|
Canon PIXMA MX479 Driver & Software Installations
First Method: Installing the Canon PIXMA MX479 Driver by Downloading the Application
There are many ways or method of installing the Canon PIXMA MX479. The first method is to install the driver of the printer without the use of CD Driver. The driver will be downloaded from the internet and there have been provided software that can be downloaded easily. In this case, there are several things that you for this first method:
- The most important thing that you must have is the driver of Canon PIXMA MX479. In this case, you can download the driver for free by clicking the provided link below.
- Then, you will also need a USB cable to connect the PC and printer. Actually, this cable has been provided and it can be found in the printer package.
After you provide those two important things, then you can follow the complete steps.
- The first step to do is to turn on your computer and also the Canon PIXMA MX479.
- You do not need to connect the Canon MX479 to the computer. You will do this when you have the application installed.
- After that, you can start to download the driver of PIXMA MX479 and then install the driver after the download completes.
- When the download and installation finishes, you can start to connect your Canon MX479 to the computer using the provided USB cable. When the printer is connected, the installed driver will be able to analyze the printer. When PIXMA MX479 has been detected, you only need to follow the next instructions.
- You will find several instructions and you only need to follow them.
- When you have completed the installation and configuration processes, the Canon PIXMA MX479 is ready to use.
Second Method: Installing the Canon PIXMA MX479 Driver Manually
The second way is to install the printer driver manually using the provided feature of “Add a printer” in the Windows. In this case, there are several things that you need to prepare:
- You must have the software or driver of Canon PIXMA MX479 and it can be downloaded for free.
- You also need the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MX479 and this has been included in the printer package.
When you have provided those two things, you can start the installation process:
- First, you need to make sure that your computer and the Canon PIXMA MX479 are turned on.
- After that, you connect PIXMA MX479 to the PC using the provided cable.
- You should extract the software or driver of Canon MX479 and then open the location of installed driver.
- Then, you can open the control panel of your printer to get the access of adding a new device of the printer.
- When you have found the menu of “add a printer”, you can just click it.
- After clicking it, you can give the location of extracted driver files.
- You only need to follow the instruction of the wizard to complete the installation.
- When the process finishes, your Canon PIXMA MX479 is ready and you can start to use it.
Third Method: Installing the Driver of Canon PIXMA MX479 with the Provided CD (Automatic Wizard)
The third method of installing the Canon PIXMA MX479 driver is by using the provided CD. In this case, there are several things that you need:
- You need to make sure that your PC have CD/DVD drive.
- You also need to CD of Canon PIXMA MX479 driver that can be found in the printer package.
- You also need USB cable to connect the printer to the PC and this has been provided in the package.
For installing the driver, you can follow the instruction of the installation process using the CD of Canon PIXMA MX479 driver.
- The first thing to do is to turn on the computer and the Canon PIXMA MX479.
- You do not need to plug in the USB cable of Canon MX479 because this will be needed later.
- Then, you need to insert the driver of PIXMA MX479 to the CD/DVD drive. When it is inserted, you can follow the setup wizard and complete the installation.
- After this, you can plug in the USB cable of Canon MX479 and connect the printer to the computer when the setup wizard asks you to plug in and connect the USB cable.
- You need to wait for awhile until the cable of PIXMA MX479 is detected by the application. When it is connected, you can continue the setup and instructions.
- When the processes have finished, your Canon MX479 will be ready to use.
How to Install Canon PIXMA MX479 Printer Driver on MacOS
How to install driver of Canon PIXMA MX479 in Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.
How to Install Canon PIXMA MX479 Printer Driver on Linux
- A Linux-run device
- A Common Unix Printer Service (CUPS) installed on the device.
- Run the computer and run the CUPS.
- Visit the web-based interface.
- Open a browser and navigate to localhost: 631.
- Connect the printer.
- On the browser, go to Administration tab and select Printers.
- Select Add Printer.
- Enter username and password.
- Your printer (Canon PIXMA MX479) should be on the list displayed. Select it and press Continue.
- CUPS detect and add the printer.
- A configuration window will pop up, fill values as needed.
- The printer is ready to use.
How to Uninstall Canon PIXMA MX479 Printer Driver
- Look for the Windows button on your device’s keyboard.
- Select Control Panel.
- Look for Uninstall a Program tab, select it.
- Look for the name of the printer driver you wish to uninstall.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- Wait until the process is done.
- Open Apple Menu.
- Select System Preferences.
- Select Printers and Scanners.
- Choose a printer driver that you wish to uninstall. (Select Canon PIXMA MX479 if your printer is of that type.)
- Click Remove.
- Go to Application.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Printers. Printer window will pop up.
- Locate Unlock button on the upper right section, select it.
- Enter password.
- Locate the Canon PIXMA MX479 printer driver your wish to uninstall. Find a minus sign under it.
- Click the minus sign.
PIXMA MX479 Wireless Connection Setup
(Note: If the printer is compatible with wireless)
Connecting with WPS
- Physical WPS push button must be present.
- The network must use WPA or WPA2 security.
- Press printer’s Home button.
- Use navigation arrows to select WLAN Setup icon.
- Press the left function button.
Wi-Fi lamp will light up after enabling wireless connection. Printer searches for access that supports WPS.
- Press and hold WPS button for 5 seconds, release.
- Press OK button after 2 minutes.
- After the connection is made, press OK to complete setup.
Install software for PIXMA MX479.
If the connection still fails, please contact manufacturer.
Standard Connection Method
- Press printer’s Home button.
- Use navigation arrows to select WLAN Setup icon.
- Press the left function button.
- Press the Stop/Reset button
- Select Standard setup then press OK button to start process of standard setup.
Printer is searching for available wireless network.
- Use navigation arrows to select access point (the name of your network). Press OK.
Press left function button to search again if you cannot see your network on the list.
- Press OK to input/edit network password (case sensitive).
Use the virtual keyboard to enter a password. Follow the procedure as instructed:
- Password is case sensitive. Press the center function button to navigate between numeric, upper case, and lower case.
- Use navigation arrows to pick a character on the keyboard, press OK to confirm selection, and move another character.
- Repeat step (a) and (b) for more characters to input.
- After inputting password, press left function button to complete.
- Confirm your password. Press OK to edit, if needed.
- Press left function button to complete setup. Press OK.
Follow by installing software for PIXMA MX479.
If the connection still fails, please contact the manufacturer.
PIXMA MX479-factory default settings
- Press printer’s Home button.
- Use navigation arrows to select Setup icon.
- Press the right function button.
- Use left navigation arrow to select Device Settings.
- Press OK.
- Use up navigation arrow to access LAN settings.
- Press OK.
- Use down navigation arrow to select Yes for reset setting.
- Press OK.
- WLAN Settings now reset. A message [Processing….Please wait momentarily] is shown.
- Press OK to complete resetting WLAN.
If you have a printer Canon PIXMA MX479, then you will need to have the official driver & software to install your printer. If you have none, then you will be glad to know that canonupdates.net will give you the official driver & software that you can directly download from this link below. Of course, the steps by step are also easy to follow.
|Canon MX479 Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.1||49 MB||Download|
|Canon MX479 MP Drivers (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.01||24 MB||Download|
|Canon MX479 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||188.8.131.52||16 MB||Download|
|Canon MX479 Full Driver & Software Package (OS X)||1.2||9.9 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.6)||3.3.4||3.1 MB||Download|
|Canon MX479 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.6)||184.108.40.206||16 MB||Download|
|Canon MX479 XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||5.75||18 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.1.3||2 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Source file)||2.30||2.5 MB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Source file)||4.10||7.3 MB||Download|
|Canon MX479 ScanGear MP for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||2.30||1.2 MB||Download|
|Canon MX479 IJ Printer Driver for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||4.10||1.5 MB||Download|
|Canon MX479 IJ Printer Driver for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||4.10||1.4 MB||Download|
|Canon MX479 ScanGear MP for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||2.30||1.2 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.7.0||58 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.7.0||102 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8)||3.5.0||300 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.5.0||294 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X v10.7)||3.2.0||299 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows XP)||3.3.0||293 MB||Download|
|IJ Scan Utility (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||2.1.6||21 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.1||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||2.6.1||9.2 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||2.6.1||2.2 MB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||1.6.0||879 KB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||4.8 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.6)||3.1.0||298 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.6)||2.5.0||2.4 MB||Download|
|IJ Scan Utility (OS X 10.6)||2.0.12||20 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool for Intel Mac (OS X 10.5/10.6)||4.4.1||5.3 MB||Download|
|Canon MX479 (PDF) User Manual (Windows)||1.2||12 MB||Download|
|Canon MX479 (PDF) User Manual (Mac)||1.2||8.8 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Mac)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Windows)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Windows)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Mac)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Operation guide)||2.30||471 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Operation guide)||4.10||78 KB||Download|
|Canon MX479 Getting Started Guide||V1||2.7 MB||Download|
|Canon MX479 Getting Started Guide||V1||2.6 MB||Download|
|Setting Up the FAX||V1||2.1 MB||Download|
Also, update driver: Canon PIXMA MG2922 Driver & Software For Windows, MacOS and Linux
Canon PIXMA MX479 Driver Support & Setup Download for Windows, MacOS & Linux
In this case, there is access to Download the driver of Canon PIXMA MX479 for free. You do not need to find other websites because the site of Canon Printer Drivers already provides the access to download the application. You only need to click the web link provided below to download the driver. Then, you can follow the manual instruction. There is also an alternative to downloading the user manual to complete the process of installation.