Canon PIXMA MX726 Drivers Download and Manual For Windows, Mac, Linux – If you are looking for a printer that can give you the amazing photo printing result, then PIXMA MX726 is the one that you need. That is because this printer has some nice features that will give you the amazing photo printing result that you want.
The first one is the small ink droplets that reach 1pl. With that small ink droplet, you can make sure that you will get the sharp photo print. Another nice thing that you might want to know is that this printer has five individual ink tanks and all of those tanks from this Canon MX726 have a different color that can give you the perfect color combination for your photo. This printer will be able to give you the different color result for red and maroon, though some people might think the colors are similar.
However, one of the best of all that you can get from this printer is the ChromaLife technology. This is one technology that only Canon has. This technology that you can find on Canon PIXMA MX726 is believed to be able to lock the colors of your photo for more than a hundred years. You can even show the photos to your grandchildren later on.
Canon PIXMA MX726 Operating System Compatibility
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows 2000 / Windows Me / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.2/10.3/10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11) / Linux
Canon PIXMA MX726 Specification
Min. Ink Droplet Size
1pl/2pl/5pl (C/M), 5pl (BK/Y), 13pl (PGBK)
9600 (horizontal) x 2400 (vertical) dpi
Number of Nozzles
Total 5,120 nozzles (PGBK 1,024 nozzles, BK/Y each 512 nozzles, C/M each 1,536 nozzles)
B&W: 15.0 ipm
Colour: 10.0 ipm in colour
4″X6″ photo: Approx. 21 seconds.
PGI-650BK, CLI-651Y/CLI-651M/CLI-651C/CLI-651BK (optional PGI-650XL, CLIU-651XL and PGI-655XXL high capacity cartridges)
Borderless 4″X6″ photo PGI-650BK / XL (approx. 2300 / 4600), CLI-651C / XL (approx. 121 / 280), CLI-651M / XL (approx. 140 / 324), CLI-651Y / XL (approx. 120 / 285); CLI-651BK / XL (approx 421 / 775) PGI-655 BK XXL (approx 7500)
Plain paper A4 PGI-650BK / XL (approx. 375 / 620), CLI-651C / XL (approx. 332 / 700), CLI-651M / XL (approx. 333 / 670), CLI-651Y / XL (approx. 329 / 700); CLI-651BK / XL (approx. 1645 / 5000) PGI-655 BK XXL (approx 1000)
Top/Bottom/Right/Left margin: each 0 mm (Supported Paper Size: A4/LTR/4″x6″/5″x7″/8″x10″)
Plain Paper Capacity
Supported Paper Sizes
A4, A5, B5, LTR, LGL, 4″x6″, 5″x7″, 8″x10″, Envelopes(DL, COM10)
Supported Paper Weights
(Upper Cassette) Canon specialty paper: max paper weight : approx. 300g/m2 (Photo Paper Pro Platinum PT-101)
(Lower Cassette) Plain Paper: 64-105 g/m2 , Canon specialty paper: max paper weight : approx. 300g/m2 (Photo Paper Pro Platinum PT-101)
Print direct from PictBridge compatible cameras. Print from or scan to Android and Apple (iPhone/iPad/iPod) mobile devices. Apple AirPrint compatible. (optional Bluetooth adaptor BU-30 available)
Memory Card Printing
Colour document: Approx 12 sec (FCOT); Colour document (ADF): 8.0ipm
Up to 99 copies
Flatbed and ADF
2400 x 4800 optical dpi
Special Scanning Functions
Push Scan, Network Scan, Scan to Memory, Scan to PDF
Transmission Speed (Mono)
Approx. 3 sec. (33.6kbps)
Maximum 33.6kbps (Automatic fall back)
ECM(Error Correction Mode)
ITU-T T.30 compatible
Coded Speed Dialling / Group Dialling
Max. 100 locations / Max. 99 locations
Approx. 250 pages fax memory
PC Faxing (Windows only)
Available via FAX modem (in MFP), (black and white only)
PIXMA Cloud Link
Colour LCD Screen
2.5 inch TFT colour
Automatic Document Feeder
Available (Auto Duplex), 35 A4 sheet capacity
Dual Paper Path
PC Interface Type5
USB 2.0 Hi-Speed, Pictbridge, Wireless+ Wired LAN, Bluetooth V2.0 (Optional BU-30)
Approx. 3 seconds
Wired LAN Protocol
Wired LAN Network Type
IEEE802.3u (100BASE-TX) / IEEE802.3 (10BASE-T)
Wired LAN Data Rate
10M/100Mbps (auto switchable)
Wireless LAN Network Type
Wireless LAN Data Rate
IEEE802.11n : Max.150 Mbps
IEEE802.11g : Max. 54 Mbps
IEEE802.11b : Max. 11 Mbps
Wireless LAN Range
Indoor 50m (depends on the transmission speed and conditions)
Wireless LAN Security
WEP64/128bit, WPA-PSK(TKIP/AES), WPA2-PSK(TKIP/AES)
Win: Windows XP SP3 (32-bit) / Vista SP1 / Vista SP2 / 7 / 7 SP1 / 8
Mac: OSX v10.6.8 or later
Included as Standard
PIXMA MX726 All-in-One printer, Setup CD-ROM and printed documents, 5 individual ink tanks, sample photo paper, telephone line cable, power cord and 12 month warranty card
Easy-PhotoPrint EX, MP Navigator EX, Easy WebPrint EX (IE7+ only), Canon Solution Menu, Adobe RGB, On Screen Manual and My Image Garden
AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz
Max: 17.0W (copying), Standby: 1.0W (USB connection to PC)
Min. Dimensions (W x D x H)
491 x 396 x 231 mm
Also, update driver: Canon PIXMA MX396 Driver Download
Canon PIXMA MX726 Driver & Software Installations
First Method: Installing the Canon PIXMA MX726 Driver by Downloading the Application
There are many ways or method of installing the Canon PIXMA MX726. The first method is to install the driver of the printer without the use of CD Driver. The driver will be downloaded from the internet and there have been provided software that can be downloaded easily. In this case, there are several things that you for this first method:
- The most important thing that you must have is the driver of Canon PIXMA MX726. In this case, you can download the driver for free by clicking the provided link below.
- Then, you will also need a USB cable to connect the PC and printer. Actually, this cable has been provided and it can be found in the printer package.
After you provide those two important things, then you can follow the complete steps.
- The first step to do is to turn on your computer and also the Canon PIXMA MX726.
- You do not need to connect the Canon MX726 to the computer. You will do this when you have the application installed.
- After that, you can start to download the driver of PIXMA MX726 and then install the driver after the download completes.
- When the download and installation finishes, you can start to connect your Canon MX726 to the computer using the provided USB cable. When the printer is connected, the installed driver will be able to analyze the printer. When PIXMA MX726 has been detected, you only need to follow the next instructions.
- You will find several instructions and you only need to follow them.
- When you have completed the installation and configuration processes, the Canon PIXMA MX726 is ready to use.
Second Method: Installing the Canon PIXMA MX726 Driver Manually
The second way is to install the printer driver manually using the provided feature of “Add a printer” in the Windows. In this case, there are several things that you need to prepare:
- You must have the software or driver of Canon PIXMA MX726 and it can be downloaded for free.
- You also need the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MX726 and this has been included in the printer package.
When you have provided those two things, you can start the installation process:
- First, you need to make sure that your computer and the Canon PIXMA MX726 are turned on.
- After that, you connect PIXMA MX726 to the PC using the provided cable.
- You should extract the software or driver of Canon MX726 and then open the location of installed driver.
- Then, you can open the control panel of your printer to get the access of adding a new device of the printer.
- When you have found the menu of “add a printer”, you can just click it.
- After clicking it, you can give the location of extracted driver files.
- You only need to follow the instruction of the wizard to complete the installation.
- When the process finishes, your Canon PIXMA MX726 is ready and you can start to use it.
Third Method: Installing the Driver of Canon PIXMA MX726 with the Provided CD (Automatic Wizard)
The third method of installing the Canon PIXMA MX726 driver is by using the provided CD. In this case, there are several things that you need:
- You need to make sure that your PC have CD/DVD drive.
- You also need to CD of Canon PIXMA MX726 driver that can be found in the printer package.
- You also need USB cable to connect the printer to the PC and this has been provided in the package.
For installing the driver, you can follow the instruction of the installation process using the CD of Canon PIXMA MX726 driver.
- The first thing to do is to turn on the computer and the Canon PIXMA MX726.
- You do not need to plug in the USB cable of Canon MX726 because this will be needed later.
- Then, you need to insert the driver of PIXMA MX726 to the CD/DVD drive. When it is inserted, you can follow the setup wizard and complete the installation.
- After this, you can plug in the USB cable of Canon MX726 and connect the printer to the computer when the setup wizard asks you to plug in and connect the USB cable.
- You need to wait for awhile until the cable of PIXMA MX726 is detected by the application. When it is connected, you can continue the setup and instructions.
- When the processes have finished, your Canon MX726 will be ready to use.
How to Install Canon PIXMA MX726 Printer Driver on MacOS
How to install driver of Canon PIXMA MX726 in Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.
How to Install Canon PIXMA MX726 Printer Driver on Linux
- A Linux-run device
- A Common Unix Printer Service (CUPS) installed on the device.
- Run the computer and run the CUPS.
- Visit the web-based interface.
- Open a browser and navigate to localhost: 631.
- Connect the printer.
- On the browser, go to Administration tab and select Printers.
- Select Add Printer.
- Enter username and password.
- Your printer (Canon PIXMA MX726) should be on the list displayed. Select it and press Continue.
- CUPS detect and add the printer.
- A configuration window will pop up, fill values as needed.
- The printer is ready to use.
How to Uninstall Canon PIXMA MX726 Printer Driver
- Look for the Windows button on your device’s keyboard.
- Select Control Panel.
- Look for Uninstall a Program tab, select it.
- Look for the name of the printer driver you wish to uninstall.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- Wait until the process is done.
- Open Apple Menu.
- Select System Preferences.
- Select Printers and Scanners.
- Choose a printer driver that you wish to uninstall. (Select Canon PIXMA MX726 if your printer is of that type.)
- Click Remove.
- Go to Application.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Printers. Printer window will pop up.
- Locate Unlock button on the upper right section, select it.
- Enter password.
- Locate the Canon PIXMA MX726 printer driver your wish to uninstall. Find a minus sign under it.
- Click the minus sign.
PIXMA MX726 Wireless Connection Setup
(Note: If the printer is compatible with wireless)
Connecting with WPS
- Physical WPS push button must be present.
- The network must use WPA or WPA2 security.
- Press printer’s Home button.
- Use navigation arrows to select WLAN Setup icon.
- Press the left function button.
Wi-Fi lamp will light up after enabling wireless connection. Printer searches for access that supports WPS.
- Press and hold WPS button for 5 seconds, release.
- Press OK button after 2 minutes.
- After the connection is made, press OK to complete setup.
Install software for PIXMA MX726.
If the connection still fails, please contact manufacturer.
Standard Connection Method
- Press printer’s Home button.
- Use navigation arrows to select WLAN Setup icon.
- Press the left function button.
- Press the Stop/Reset button
- Select Standard setup then press OK button to start process of standard setup.
Printer is searching for available wireless network.
- Use navigation arrows to select access point (the name of your network). Press OK.
Press left function button to search again if you cannot see your network on the list.
- Press OK to input/edit network password (case sensitive).
Use the virtual keyboard to enter a password. Follow the procedure as instructed:
- Password is case sensitive. Press the center function button to navigate between numeric, upper case, and lower case.
- Use navigation arrows to pick a character on the keyboard, press OK to confirm selection, and move another character.
- Repeat step (a) and (b) for more characters to input.
- After inputting password, press left function button to complete.
- Confirm your password. Press OK to edit, if needed.
- Press left function button to complete setup. Press OK.
Follow by installing software for PIXMA MX726.
If the connection still fails, please contact the manufacturer.
PIXMA MX726-factory default settings
- Press printer’s Home button.
- Use navigation arrows to select Setup icon.
- Press the right function button.
- Use left navigation arrow to select Device Settings.
- Press OK.
- Use up navigation arrow to access LAN settings.
- Press OK.
- Use down navigation arrow to select Yes for reset setting.
- Press OK.
- WLAN Settings now reset. A message [Processing….Please wait momentarily] is shown.
- Press OK to complete resetting WLAN.
Also, update driver: Canon PIXMA MX436 Software
If you have a printer Canon PIXMA MX726, then you will need to have the official driver & software to install your printer. If you have none, then you will be glad to know that canonupdates.net will give you the official driver & software that you can directly download from this link below. Of course, the steps by step are also easy to follow.
|PIXMA MX726 Mini Master Setup (OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8)||1.0||54 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX726 Mini Master Setup (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.0||45 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX726 MP Drivers (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.01||38 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX726 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||188.8.131.52||16 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.6)||3.3.4||3.5 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX726 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.6)||184.108.40.206||17 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX726 XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||5.65||26 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX726 Scanner Driver (OS X 10.11 /10.10 /10.9 /10.8 /10.7/10.6)||19.1.0a||27 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX726 ScanGear MP for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||2.10||1.3 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX726 ScanGear MP for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||2.10||1.4 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Source file)||2.10||3.5 MB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Source file)||3.90||6.5 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX726 IJ Printer Driver for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||3.90||3.2 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX726 IJ Printer Driver for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||3.90||3.2 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.11 /10.10 /10.9 /10.8 /10.7)||4.0.0||2.4 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.7.0||58 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.7.0||15 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool (OS X 10.11 /10.10 /10.9 /10.8 /10.7)||4.7.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11 /10.10 /10.9 /10.8 /10.7)||4.7.0||102 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.11 /10.10 /10.9 /10.8)||3.5.0||300 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||3.5.0||294 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X v10.7)||3.2.0||299 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows XP)||3.3.0||293 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||2.6.1||9.2 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.11 /10.10 /10.9 /10.8/10.7)||2.6.1||2.2 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool (OS X 10.11 /10.10 /10.9 /10.8/10.7)||4.6.1||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11 /10.10 /10.9 /10.8/10.7)||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (OS X 10.11 /10.10 /10.9 /10.8/10.7/10.6)||1.6.0||879 KB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||4.8 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.6)||3.1.0||298 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.6)||2.5.0||2.4 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool for Intel Mac (OS X 10.5/10.6)||4.4.1||5.3 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||4.1.6||102 MB||Download|
|Setup Manual For Mac||CA.1.00||3.6 MB||Download|
|Setup Manual For Windows||CA.1.00||4.5 MB||Download|
|Troubleshooting Manual For Mac||CA.1.00||1.4 MB||Download|
|Troubleshooting Manual For Windows||CA.1.00||1.5 MB||Download|
|Printing and Copying Manual For Mac||CA.1.00||2.6 MB||Download|
|Printing and Copying Manual For Windows||CA.1.00||3.5 MB||Download|
|Scanning Manual For Mac||CA.1.00||4.5 MB||Download|
|Scanning Manual For Windows||CA.1.00||3.5 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX726 (PDF) User Manual (Windows)||1.3||14 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX726 (PDF) User Manual (Mac)||1.3||13 MB||Download|
|Fax Manual For Mac||CA.1.00||1.3 MB||Download|
|Fax Manual For Windows||CA.1.00||1.3 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Mac)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Windows)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Mac)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Windows)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX726 Getting Started Guide||V1||2.8 MB||Download|
|Setup Guide for Fax Reception||V1||1.4 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Operation guide)||2.10||469 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Operation guide)||3.90||74 KB||Download|
Also, update driver: Canon PIXMA MX456 Driver Download
Canon PIXMA MX726 Drivers Download and Manual for Windows, Mac, Linux
In this case, there is access to Download the driver of Canon PIXMA MX726 for free. You do not need to find other websites because the site of Canon Printer Drivers already provides the access to download the application. You only need to click the web link provided below to download the driver. Then, you can follow the manual instruction. There is also an alternative to downloading the user manual to complete the process of installation.