Canon PIXMA MG3540 Inkjet Photo Printer is a superior printer that has been built with connectivity. You must be acquainted about how the printer can efficiently help you finishing all the paper works. Shortly, this printer shortens your methods in printing papers and photos. You don’t have to move near the printer and connect your PC to the printer with connecting cable. It’s just a traditional way to operate your printer. Now, the connectivity permits you to work without any cables and to print everything.
Canon MG3540 gives you a great arrangement about the printing speed. The printer has been claimed for having 9.9 IPM for B/W documents and 5.7 IPM for the colored one. You can imagine how fast it will be and you can have many printed papers in less time than you have ever imagined. The resolution of the printing can be maxed until 4800 dpi. This faster printer which equips with the best resolution, everyone must want that!
The features of the Canon PIXMA MG 3540 provide the users with many advantages and the design of the printer is not quite sophisticated. It just looks like the other Canon products, but you can grow a special attention about how the printer improved and the operating buttons is easily used. In short, all these features won’t fail anyone who has bought the printer.
Also, update driver: Canon PIXMA MG2540s Update Drivers For Windows, Mac, Linux
Canon PIXMA MG3540 Wireless Inkjet Photo Printer Operating System Compatibility
Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / MacOS Sierra v10.12 / Mac OS X v10.11 / Mac OS X v10.10 /Mac OS X v10.9 / Mac OS X v10.8 / Mac OS X v10.7 / Mac OS X v10.6 / Mac OS X v10.5 / Linux.
Canon PIXMA MG3540 Wireless Inkjet Photo Printer Specification
|Functions||Wireless Print, Copy, Scan|
|Print Resolution||Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi|
|Print Technology||2 FINE Cartridges (Black and Colour)|
|Inkjet system with 2pl (min.) ink droplet size|
|Mono Print Speed||Approx. 9.9 ipm|
|Colour Print Speed||Approx. 5.7 ipm|
|Photo Print Speed||Borderless 10x15cm : Approx. 44 seconds|
|Borderless Printing||Yes (A4, Letter, 20x25cm, 13x18cm, 10x15cm)|
|Two Sided Printing||Auto Duplex Print (A4, A5, B5, Letter)|
|CARTRIDGES AND YIELDS|
|Standard Ink Cartridges||PG-440 (Black)|
|Optional XL Ink Cartridges||PG-440XL (Black)|
|Cartridge Yield (Plain paper)||A4 colour documents printing|
|Black: 180 pages|
|Black XL: 600 pages|
|Colour: 180 pages|
|Colour XL: 400 pages|
|Cartridge Yield (Photo print)||10x15cm colour photo printing|
|Black: 2465* photos|
|Black XL: 7560* photos|
|Colour: 69 photos|
|Colour XL: 150 photos|
|Paper Types||Plain Paper|
|Canon Pro Platinum (PT-101)|
|Canon Pro Luster (LU-101)|
|Canon Plus Glossy II (PP-201)|
|Cano Plus Semi-gloss (SG-201)|
|Canon “Everyday Use” (GP-501)|
|Canon Matte (MP-101)|
|Canon High Resolution Paper (HR-101N)|
|Canon Photo Stickers (PS-101)|
|Canon T-Shirt Transfer (TR-301)|
|Maximum Paper Input||Front tray: Max. 100 sheets (plain paper)|
|Paper Sizes||A4, A5, B5, 10x15cm, 13x18cm, 20x25cm, Envelopes (DL, COM10), Letter, Legal|
|Paper Weight||Plain paper: 64 – 105 g / m²|
|Canon photo paper: up to 300 g / m²|
|Scanner Type||CIS flatbed photo and document scanner|
|Scanner Resolution (Optical)||1200 x 2400 dpi|
|A4 Scan Speed||Approx. 14 seconds|
|Scanning Depth (Input / Output)||Colour: 48 bit / 24 bit|
|Greyscale: 16 bit / 8 bit|
|Maximum Document Size||216 x 297 mm|
|Copy Speed||sFCOT: Approx. 22 seconds|
|sESAT: Approx. 2.7 ipm|
|Multiple Copy||21 copies (max.)|
|Copy Functions||Document copying (plain paper), Borderless Copy|
|Copy Zoom||Fit to page|
|Display Type & Size||No display|
|Interface Type – PC / Mac||Hi-Speed USB (B Port)|
|Wi-Fi: IEEE802.11 b / g / n|
|Wi-Fi Security: WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, WEP, Administration password|
|Interface Type – Other||PIXMA Printing Solutions app|
|Google Cloud Print|
|Supported Operating Systems||Windows 8|
|Windows XP SP3 (32bit only)|
|Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later|
|Supported Mobile Systems||iOS|
|Minimum System Requirements||Windows: 3GB disk space, Internet Explorer 8|
|Mac: Internet connection, 1.5GB disk space, Safari 5|
|Display: 1024 x 768 XGA|
|Software Included||MP Driver including Scanning Utility|
|My Image Garden with Full HD Movie Print|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (download)²|
|Weight||Approx. 5.4 kg|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||449 x 304 x 152mm|
|Acoustic Noise Levels||Approx. 42.5 dB|
|Operating Humidity||10-90%RH (no dew condensation)|
|Power Source||AC 100-240V, 50 / 60Hz|
|Power Consumption||Standby: Approx. 1.7 W (scanning lamp off)|
|Off: Approx. 0.3 W|
|Copying: Approx. 16 W|
Canon PIXMA MG3540 Driver & Software Installations
First Method: Installing the Canon PIXMA MG3540 Driver by Downloading the Application
There are many ways or method of installing the Canon PIXMA MG3540. The first method is to install the driver of the printer without the use of CD Driver. The driver will be downloaded from the internet and there have been provided software that can be downloaded easily. In this case, there are several things that you for this first method:
- The most important thing that you must have is the driver of Canon PIXMA MG3540. In this case, you can download the driver for free by clicking the provided link below.
- Then, you will also need a USB cable to connect the PC and printer. Actually, this cable has been provided and it can be found in the printer package.
After you provide those two important things, then you can follow the complete steps.
- The first step to do is to turn on your computer and also the Canon PIXMA MG3540.
- You do not need to connect the Canon PIXMA MG3540 to the computer. You will do this when you have the application installed.
- After that, you can start to download the driver of Canon PIXMA MG3540 and then install the driver after the download completes.
- When the download and installation finishes, you can start to connect your Canon PIXMA MG3540 to the computer using the provided USB cable. When the printer is connected, the installed driver will be able to analyze the printer. When Canon PIXMA MG3540 has been detected, you only need to follow the next instructions.
- You will find several instructions and you only need to follow them.
- When you have completed the installation and configuration processes, the Canon PIXMA MG3540 is ready to use.
Second Method: Installing the Canon PIXMA MG3540 Driver Manually
The second way is to install the printer driver manually using the provided feature of “Add a printer” in the Windows. In this case, there are several things that you need to prepare:
- You must have the software or driver of Canon PIXMA MG3540 and it can be downloaded for free.
- You also need the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MG3540 and this has been included in the printer package.
When you have provided those two things, you can start the installation process:
- First, you need to make sure that your computer and the Canon PIXMA MG3540 are turned on.
- After that, you connect Canon PIXMA MG3540 to the PC using the provided cable.
- You should extract the software or driver of Canon PIXMA MG3540 and then open the location of installed driver.
- Then, you can open the control panel of your printer to get the access of adding a new device of the printer.
- When you have found the menu of “add a printer”, you can just click it.
- After clicking it, you can give the location of extracted driver files.
- You only need to follow the instruction of the wizard to complete the installation.
- When the process finishes, your Canon PIXMA MG3540 is ready and you can start to use it.
Third Method: Installing the Driver of Canon PIXMA MG3540 with the Provided CD (Automatic Wizard)
The third method of installing the Canon PIXMA MG3540 driver is by using the provided CD. In this case, there are several things that you need:
- You need to make sure that your PC have CD/DVD drive.
- You also need to CD of Canon PIXMA MG3540 driver that can be found in the printer package.
- You also need USB cable to connect the printer to the PC and this has been provided in the package.
For installing the driver, you can follow the instruction of the installation process using the CD of Canon PIXMA MG3540 driver.
- The first thing to do is to turn on the computer and the Canon PIXMA MG3540.
- You do not need to plug in the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MG3540 because this will be needed later.
- Then, you need to insert the driver of Canon PIXMA MG3540 to the CD/DVD drive. When it is inserted, you can follow the setup wizard and complete the installation.
- After this, you can plug in the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MG3540 and connect the printer to the computer when the setup wizard asks you to plug in and connect the USB cable.
- You need to wait for awhile until the cable of Canon PIXMA MG3540 is detected by the application. When it is connected, you can continue the setup and instructions.
- When the processes have finished, your Canon PIXMA MG3540 will be ready to use.
How to Install Canon PIXMA MG3540 Printer Driver on Linux
- A Linux-run device
- A Common Unix Printer Service (CUPS) installed on the device.
- Run the computer and run the CUPS.
- Visit the web-based interface.
- Open a browser and navigate to localhost: 631.
- Connect the printer.
- On the browser, go to Administration tab and select Printers.
- Select Add Printer.
- Enter username and password.
- Your printer (Canon PIXMA MG3540) should be on the list displayed. Select it and press Continue.
- CUPS detect and add the printer.
- A configuration window will pop up, fill values as needed.
- The printer is ready to use.
How to Uninstall Canon PIXMA MG3540 Printer Driver
- Look for the Windows button on your device’s keyboard.
- Select Control Panel.
- Look for Uninstall a Program tab, select it.
- Look for the name of the printer driver you wish to uninstall.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- Wait until the process is done.
- Open Apple Menu.
- Select System Preferences.
- Select Printers and Scanners.
- Choose a printer driver that you wish to uninstall. (Select Canon PIXMA MG3540 if your printer is of that type.)
- Click Remove.
- Go to Application.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Printers. Printer window will pop up.
- Locate Unlock button on the upper right section, select it.
- Enter password.
- Locate the Canon PIXMA MG3540 printer driver your wish to uninstall. Find a minus sign under it.
- Click the minus sign.
canonupdates.net provide a download link for Canon PIXMA MG3540 Series publishing directly from Canon website with easy-to-download, to get the download link can be found below.
|Canon PIXMA MG3540 MP Drivers (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.01||25 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG3540 Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.1||49 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG3540 XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||5.7||18 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||293 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||2.6.1||9.2 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG3510 Full Driver & Software Package (OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10)||1.2||377 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG3510 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||22.214.171.124||15 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.6)||3.3.4||3.4 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG3540 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.6)||126.96.36.199||16 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.1.3||2.2 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||2.6.1||2.2 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||3.2.0||299 MB||Download|
|IJ Scan Utility (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||2.1.6||21 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.1||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.6)||3.1.0||298 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.6)||2.5.0||2.4 MB||Download|
|IJ Scan Utility (OS X 10.6)||2.0.12||20 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool for Intel Mac (OS X 10.5/10.6)||4.4.1||5.3 MB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Source file)||4||7.4 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Source file)||2.2||4.4 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG3540 IJ Printer Driver for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||4||1.5 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG3540 IJ Printer Driver for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||4||1.4 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG3540 ScanGear MP for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||2.2||1.2 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG3540 ScanGear MP for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||2.2||1.2 MB||Download|
|Setup Manual For Mac||CA.2.00||3 MB||Download|
|Setup Manual For Windows||CA.2.00||3.8 MB||Download|
|Troubleshooting Manual For Mac||CA.2.00||1.4 MB||Download|
|Troubleshooting Manual For Windows||CA.2.00||1.5 MB||Download|
|Printing and Copying Manual For Mac||CA.2.00||1.7 MB||Download|
|Printing and Copying Manual For Windows||CA.2.00||2.4 MB||Download|
|Scanning Manual For Mac||CA.2.00||2.1 MB||Download|
|Scanning Manual For Windows||CA.2.00||3.7 MB||Download|
|MG3540 series User Manual (Mac)||1.3||7.9 MB||Download|
|MG3540 series User Manual (Windows)||1.3||11 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Mac)||V2.7||617 KB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Windows)||V2.7||627 KB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Mac)||V3.5||2.8 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Windows)||V3.5||2.8 MB||Download|
|MG3540 series Getting Started Guide||V2||2.6 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG3540 - Getting Started Guide||1.00||2.3 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Operation guide)||2.20||420 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Operation guide)||4.00||79 KB||Download|
|MG3540 series Setup Guide||V1||232 KB||Download|
Free Download Driver & Software Canon PIXMA MG3540 for Windows, Mac OS, Linux
In this case, there is access to Download the driver of Canon PIXMA MG3540 for free. You do not need to find other websites because the site of Canon Printer Drivers already provides the access to download the application. You only need to click the web link provided below to download the driver. Then, you can follow the manual instruction. There is also an alternative to downloading the user manual to complete the process of installation.