Canon PIXMA MG5140 offers great quality in printing files. This can happen because this printer has some impressive specifications. First, the quality is provided by the special cartridge system used by this printer. With the special cartridge with the FINE technology, this printer is able to produce very small ink droplets. Its size is up to 1pl. It is so small and it is very important since this ability allows the printer to provide high accuracy, details and graphic. Furthermore, this printer has a resolution up to 9600 x 2400 dpi, so dealing with pictures and photos will not be significant problems.
Then, this printer is not only great in quality, yet this printer also has quite good printing speed. In printing monochrome documents, this printer is able to print up to 9.7 images per minute. Then, for printing colorful pages, this can work up to 6.1 images per minute. In this case, printing borderless photos can also be done by Canon MG5140 and it will take about 39 seconds.
Moreover, Canon PIXMA MG 5140 provides some useful features. First, this printer already uses 5 single ink. It means that this printer uses 5 separated ink tanks, so it will be more efficient since users do not need to replace all inks, so it can save the money. Then, there is also ChromaLife100+ as the useful feature that makes the photos can last longer.
Also, update driver: Canon PIXMA MG3040 Driver & Software For Windows, Mac, Linux
Canon PIXMA MG5140 Operating System Compatibility
Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows 2000 / Windows Me / MacOS Sierra v10.12 / Mac OS X v10.11 / Mac OS X v10.10 /Mac OS X v10.9 / Mac OS X v10.8 / Mac OS X v10.7 / Mac OS X v10.6 / Mac OS X v10.5 / Mac OS X v10.4 / Linux.
Specification Canon PIXMA MG5140
|Width||17.8 inch (455 mm)|
|Height||6.3 inch (160 mm)|
|Depth||14.4 inch (368 mm)|
|Weight||15.4 lbs (7.8 kg)|
|Printer Type||Thermal Ink-jet|
|Output Type||Color Printer|
|Print Resolution||9600×2400 dpi|
|Input Feed Capacity||300 pages (standart)|
|Manual Feed Tray Capacity||150 pages|
|Media Types||Plain Paper, Cards, Transparencies, Stickers, Photo Paper, Glossy Photo Paper, Envelopes, Matte Photo Paper.|
|Paper Weight Support||64-300 g/m2|
|Ink Cartridges Count||5|
|Min Ink Droplet Volume||1 picolitres|
|Time of Printing Photo (Color, 4 x6 /10x15cm)||39 s|
|Duplex Auto Printing||Yes|
|Direct Print (PictBridge)||Yes|
|LCD Diagonal Size||2.35 inch|
|Scanner Size||216×297 mm|
|Pixel Depth||48 bit|
|Shades Of Gray||256|
|Optical Resolution||1200×2400 dpi|
|Zoom Range||25-400 %|
|Zoom Step||1 x|
|Support Standarts||TWAIN, WIA|
|Maximum Number Of Copies||99|
|OS Support||Windows, Mac OS|
|Power Consumption Operational||18 W|
|Power Consumption Standby||1.4 W|
|Noise Level||44.5 dB|
|Supported Flash Cards||Compact Flash, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick Pro, Memory Stick Pro Duo, MMC, SD, xD-Picture|
Canon PIXMA MG5140 Driver & Software Installations
First Method: Installing the Canon PIXMA MG5140 Driver by Downloading the Application
There are many ways or method of installing the Canon PIXMA MG5140. The first method is to install the driver of the printer without the use of CD Driver. The driver will be downloaded from the internet and there have been provided software that can be downloaded easily. In this case, there are several things that you for this first method:
- The most important thing that you must have is the driver of Canon PIXMA MG5140. In this case, you can download the driver for free by clicking the provided link below.
- Then, you will also need a USB cable to connect the PC and printer. Actually, this cable has been provided and it can be found in the printer package.
After you provide those two important things, then you can follow the complete steps.
- The first step to do is to turn on your computer and also the Canon PIXMA MG5140.
- You do not need to connect the Canon PIXMA MG5140 to the computer. You will do this when you have the application installed.
- After that, you can start to download the driver of Canon PIXMA MG5140 and then install the driver after the download completes.
- When the download and installation finishes, you can start to connect your Canon PIXMA MG5140 to the computer using the provided USB cable. When the printer is connected, the installed driver will be able to analyze the printer. When Canon PIXMA MG5140 has been detected, you only need to follow the next instructions.
- You will find several instructions and you only need to follow them.
- When you have completed the installation and configuration processes, the Canon PIXMA MG5140 is ready to use.
Second Method: Installing the Canon PIXMA MG5140 Driver Manually
The second way is to install the printer driver manually using the provided feature of “Add a printer” in the Windows. In this case, there are several things that you need to prepare:
- You must have the software or driver of Canon PIXMA MG5140 and it can be downloaded for free.
- You also need the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MG5140 and this has been included in the printer package.
When you have provided those two things, you can start the installation process:
- First, you need to make sure that your computer and the Canon PIXMA MG5140 are turned on.
- After that, you connect Canon PIXMA MG5140 to the PC using the provided cable.
- You should extract the software or driver of Canon PIXMA MG5140 and then open the location of installed driver.
- Then, you can open the control panel of your printer to get the access of adding a new device of the printer.
- When you have found the menu of “add a printer”, you can just click it.
- After clicking it, you can give the location of extracted driver files.
- You only need to follow the instruction of the wizard to complete the installation.
- When the process finishes, your Canon PIXMA MG5140 is ready and you can start to use it.
Third Method: Installing the Driver of Canon PIXMA MG5140 with the Provided CD (Automatic Wizard)
The third method of installing the Canon PIXMA MG5140 driver is by using the provided CD. In this case, there are several things that you need:
- You need to make sure that your PC have CD/DVD drive.
- You also need to CD of Canon PIXMA MG5140 driver that can be found in the printer package.
- You also need USB cable to connect the printer to the PC and this has been provided in the package.
For installing the driver, you can follow the instruction of the installation process using the CD of Canon PIXMA MG5140 driver.
- The first thing to do is to turn on the computer and the Canon PIXMA MG5140.
- You do not need to plug in the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MG5140 because this will be needed later.
- Then, you need to insert the driver of Canon PIXMA MG5140 to the CD/DVD drive. When it is inserted, you can follow the setup wizard and complete the installation.
- After this, you can plug in the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MG5140 and connect the printer to the computer when the setup wizard asks you to plug in and connect the USB cable.
- You need to wait for awhile until the cable of Canon PIXMA MG5140 is detected by the application. When it is connected, you can continue the setup and instructions.
- When the processes have finished, your Canon PIXMA MG5140 will be ready to use.
How to Install Canon PIXMA MG5140 Printer Driver on Linux
- A Linux-run device
- A Common Unix Printer Service (CUPS) installed on the device.
- Run the computer and run the CUPS.
- Visit the web-based interface.
- Open a browser and navigate to localhost: 631.
- Connect the printer.
- On the browser, go to Administration tab and select Printers.
- Select Add Printer.
- Enter username and password.
- Your printer (Canon PIXMA MG5140) should be on the list displayed. Select it and press Continue.
- CUPS detect and add the printer.
- A configuration window will pop up, fill values as needed.
- The printer is ready to use.
How to Uninstall Canon PIXMA MG5140 Printer Driver
- Look for the Windows button on your device’s keyboard.
- Select Control Panel.
- Look for Uninstall a Program tab, select it.
- Look for the name of the printer driver you wish to uninstall.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- Wait until the process is done.
- Open Apple Menu.
- Select System Preferences.
- Select Printers and Scanners.
- Choose a printer driver that you wish to uninstall. (Select Canon PIXMA MG5140 if your printer is of that type.)
- Click Remove.
- Go to Application.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Printers. Printer window will pop up.
- Locate Unlock button on the upper right section, select it.
- Enter password.
- Locate the Canon PIXMA MG5140 printer driver your wish to uninstall. Find a minus sign under it.
- Click the minus sign.
canonupdates.net provide a download link for Canon PIXMA MG5140 publishing directly from Canon website with easy-to-download, to get the download link can be found below.
|Canon PIXMA MG5140 MP Driver (Windows XP x64)||1.02||15 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG5140 MP Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.02||23 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG5140 XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||5.56||23 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||293 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||2.6.1||9.2 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.03||48 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows XP x64)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu EX (Windows XP x64)||1.4.1||9.6 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu EX (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.4.1||9.6 MB||Download|
|Windows Adobe RGB 1998 Installer Program (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/XP64/2000/Me)||1.4.1||329 KB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (Windows XP x64)||4.02||45 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG5120 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||220.127.116.11||15 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.6)||3.3.4||8.6 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG5140 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.5/10.6)||18.104.22.168||18 MB||Download|
|Printer driver (non-CUPS) for Mac (OS X 10.4/10.5)||7.291||7.2 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG5140 Scanner Driver (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6/Mac OS X 10.5)||17.7.1a||11 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.0.0||7.1 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||2.6.1||2.2 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||3.2.0||299 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.0.4||34 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.6)||3.1.0||298 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.6)||2.5.0||2.4 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10)||1.4.1||4.9 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||4.1.6||102 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||4.0.3||34 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.5)||2.0.1||5.8 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.5)||1.0.0||289 MB||Download|
|Linux IJ printer driver source file For Linux (32-64bit)||3.40||9.1 MB||Download|
|Linux IJ scanner driver source file For Linux (32-64bit)||1.60||3.7 MB||Download|
|Linux IJ Printer Driver For Linux (32-64bit)||3.40||7.1 MB||Download|
|Linux IJ Scanner Driver For Linux (32-64bit)||1.60||2.8 MB||Download|
Free Download Driver & Software Canon PIXMA MG5140 for Windows, Mac OS, Linux
In this case, there is access to Download the driver of Canon PIXMA MG5140 for free. You do not need to find other websites because the site of www.canonupdates.net already provides the access to download the application. You only need to click the web link provided below to download the driver. Then, you can follow the manual instruction. There is also an alternative to downloading the user manual to complete the process of installation.